India, Bangladesh & Sri Lanka promote inclusion through Unified Cricket Tournament
The third South Asia Unified Cricket Tournament held this month between the Special Olympics teams from Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and India highlighted the abilities of sportspersons with and without intellectual disabilities.
A total of four matches were played over two days. Bangladesh was declared winner after it beat India and Sri Lanka in two successive matches. The rules of the T20 game were such that each player got enough time on the field. They were paired with people with and without intellectual disabilities to play maximum of two overs.
One of the rules was that the batsmen could get out as many as six times in an over and the total team score was the average of total runs by total wickets.
The opening batsman for India was Pravat Bharal who dreams of taking part in the Special Olympics in World Games.
All athletes were also screened for health awareness campaigns.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jharkhand girls stand tall despite loss in first inter-state women’s blind cricket tournament
November 20, 2018
- Divyaang Myithri Sports Academy’s wheelchair cricket camp is a success
November 20, 2018
- Coach Jaspal Dhani on a mission to put India on the global map of wheelchair basketball
November 19, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Prime Minister Modi launches projects over ₹2,400 crore in Varanasi
- Parasports November 20, 2018 Divyaang Myithri Sports Academy’s wheelchair cricket camp is a success
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Delhi on high alert after threat of terror attack
- Parasports November 19, 2018 Coach Jaspal Dhani on a mission to put India on the global map of wheelchair basketball
- Parasports November 18, 2018 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Events November 21, 2018 Workshop on Child Safety and Protection
- Events November 21, 2018 Teaching with Emotional Intelligence’
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Priyanka to get married in Jodhpur, preparations are on
- Education November 15, 2018 Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018