New Year brings good news for the disabled, Tata Steel & EnAble India partner to set up job training center
December 15, 2017
Even with the right skills and experience, people with disabilities find it hard to get jobs. To increase their chances of finding jobs, the Tata Steel Skill Development Society, TSSDS, will open a capacity-building center for people with disabilities by the end of December at Noamundi in West Singhbhum, near Jamshedpur.
Center to first train people who are blind or with low vision
The center will also be called Sabal Centre for Capabilities, and will initially train people who have low vision or are blind in capacity-building depending on their interest.
A Tata Steel-EnAble India partnership
TSSDS has partnered with EnAble India, which is an organisation based in Bengaluru that works on building the skills, instincts and abilities of the disabled. Sabal will also educate trainers who in turn will reach out to the special people and also conduct sensitization programs.
Each batch will have 25 students and the training will range from six days to six months depending on the need and course designs. The center will not only make the disabled ready for jobs but also encourage them to look at self-employment.
Center will train people with various kinds of disabilities
The program will first look at people with physical disabilities like vision, speech and hearing impairments and later focus on those with mental disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News