New Year brings good news for the disabled, Tata Steel & EnAble India partner to set up job training center
December 15, 2017
Even with the right skills and experience, people with disabilities find it hard to get jobs. To increase their chances of finding jobs, the Tata Steel Skill Development Society, TSSDS, will open a capacity-building center for people with disabilities by the end of December at Noamundi in West Singhbhum, near Jamshedpur.
Center to first train people who are blind or with low vision
The center will also be called Sabal Centre for Capabilities, and will initially train people who have low vision or are blind in capacity-building depending on their interest.
A Tata Steel-EnAble India partnership
TSSDS has partnered with EnAble India, which is an organisation based in Bengaluru that works on building the skills, instincts and abilities of the disabled. Sabal will also educate trainers who in turn will reach out to the special people and also conduct sensitization programs.
Each batch will have 25 students and the training will range from six days to six months depending on the need and course designs. The center will not only make the disabled ready for jobs but also encourage them to look at self-employment.
Center will train people with various kinds of disabilities
The program will first look at people with physical disabilities like vision, speech and hearing impairments and later focus on those with mental disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Don't play too safe with your money, look at ways to invest smartly
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News