New Year brings good news for the disabled, Tata Steel & EnAble India partner to set up job training center
Even with the right skills and experience, people with disabilities find it hard to get jobs. To increase their chances of finding jobs, the Tata Steel Skill Development Society, TSSDS, will open a capacity-building center for people with disabilities by the end of December at Noamundi in West Singhbhum, near Jamshedpur.
Center to first train people who are blind or with low vision
The center will also be called Sabal Centre for Capabilities, and will initially train people who have low vision or are blind in capacity-building depending on their interest.
A Tata Steel-EnAble India partnership
TSSDS has partnered with EnAble India, which is an organisation based in Bengaluru that works on building the skills, instincts and abilities of the disabled. Sabal will also educate trainers who in turn will reach out to the special people and also conduct sensitization programs.
Each batch will have 25 students and the training will range from six days to six months depending on the need and course designs. The center will not only make the disabled ready for jobs but also encourage them to look at self-employment.
Center will train people with various kinds of disabilities
The program will first look at people with physical disabilities like vision, speech and hearing impairments and later focus on those with mental disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 16, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019