New Year brings good news for the disabled, Tata Steel & EnAble India partner to set up job training center
Even with the right skills and experience, people with disabilities find it hard to get jobs. To increase their chances of finding jobs, the Tata Steel Skill Development Society, TSSDS, will open a capacity-building center for people with disabilities by the end of December at Noamundi in West Singhbhum, near Jamshedpur.
Center to first train people who are blind or with low vision
The center will also be called Sabal Centre for Capabilities, and will initially train people who have low vision or are blind in capacity-building depending on their interest.
A Tata Steel-EnAble India partnership
TSSDS has partnered with EnAble India, which is an organisation based in Bengaluru that works on building the skills, instincts and abilities of the disabled. Sabal will also educate trainers who in turn will reach out to the special people and also conduct sensitization programs.
Each batch will have 25 students and the training will range from six days to six months depending on the need and course designs. The center will not only make the disabled ready for jobs but also encourage them to look at self-employment.
Center will train people with various kinds of disabilities
The program will first look at people with physical disabilities like vision, speech and hearing impairments and later focus on those with mental disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
December 11, 2018
- Aarambh brings opportunities to disabled women, to train & to work
December 6, 2018
- Sign language interpreters at job interviews plays a crucial role. Here is why.
December 5, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
- Education December 7, 2018 Tips to help children with dyscalculia
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Get-hooked December 7, 2018 A writing contest with disability as the theme. Know more
- Technology December 5, 2018 Assistive technology makes life simpler for children with learning disabilities
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Priyanka Chopra article taken down after angry reactions on social media
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Accessibility December 5, 2018 PVR's Accessible Cinema Program shows the way forward in inclusion
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Employment December 11, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News