Nagpur University to give extra exam time to disabled students
Nagpur University – NU has decided to give extra time during examinations to students with disabilities.
Disabled students of the Nagpur University will get 20 more minutes per hour time to write their exam papers. This will mean that for an exam that is for three hours, disabled students will now get and extra one hour.
This facility has been started in the university with immediate effect.
This is the first time that this facility has been started by the Nagpur University for disabled students.
The students that have visual impairment will get the option to bring writers at the exam centres for help.
Hundreds of disabled students to benefit
This will benefit hundreds of disabled students who have been making the demand for additional time and writer facility at the university levels since these are already available at the board level.
Verification made simpler
The University is also working on making the verification process easier for disabled students. The students will not have to visit the exam section for verification but will be able to give their medical certificates along with IDs at the exam centres.
Watch in Sign Language
- The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
February 19, 2019
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 Know more about the Race For 7 to mark International Rare Disease Day
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News