Nagpur University to give extra exam time to disabled students
Nagpur University – NU has decided to give extra time during examinations to students with disabilities.
Disabled students of the Nagpur University will get 20 more minutes per hour time to write their exam papers. This will mean that for an exam that is for three hours, disabled students will now get and extra one hour.
This facility has been started in the university with immediate effect.
This is the first time that this facility has been started by the Nagpur University for disabled students.
The students that have visual impairment will get the option to bring writers at the exam centres for help.
Hundreds of disabled students to benefit
This will benefit hundreds of disabled students who have been making the demand for additional time and writer facility at the university levels since these are already available at the board level.
Verification made simpler
The University is also working on making the verification process easier for disabled students. The students will not have to visit the exam section for verification but will be able to give their medical certificates along with IDs at the exam centres.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 6, 2018 Kerala government reserves 4% jobs for disabled people in government-aided educational institutions
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Headlines December 4, 2018 Congress backs Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh over Sidhu
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Priyanka Chopra article taken down after angry reactions on social media
- Get-hooked December 5, 2018 Fun, meaningful ways that World Disability Day was celebrated across India
- Parasports December 3, 2018 Disability Heroes - Why Javed Choudhari refuses to be defined by his disability
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Intellectual Disability
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Deepika Padukone made 112 crore this year, makes it to top 5 of Forbes’ list
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News