Nagpur University to give extra exam time to disabled students
December 15, 2017
Nagpur University - NU has decided to give extra time during examinations to students with disabilities.
Disabled students of the Nagpur University will get 20 more minutes per hour time to write their exam papers. This will mean that for an exam that is for three hours, disabled students will now get and extra one hour.
This facility has been started in the university with immediate effect.
This is the first time that this facility has been started by the Nagpur University for disabled students.
The students that have visual impairment will get the option to bring writers at the exam centres for help.
Hundreds of disabled students to benefit
This will benefit hundreds of disabled students who have been making the demand for additional time and writer facility at the university levels since these are already available at the board level.
Verification made simpler
The University is also working on making the verification process easier for disabled students. The students will not have to visit the exam section for verification but will be able to give their medical certificates along with IDs at the exam centres.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Don't play too safe with your money, look at ways to invest smartly
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News