Nagpur University to give extra exam time to disabled students
December 15, 2017
Nagpur University - NU has decided to give extra time during examinations to students with disabilities.
Disabled students of the Nagpur University will get 20 more minutes per hour time to write their exam papers. This will mean that for an exam that is for three hours, disabled students will now get and extra one hour.
This facility has been started in the university with immediate effect.
This is the first time that this facility has been started by the Nagpur University for disabled students.
The students that have visual impairment will get the option to bring writers at the exam centres for help.
Hundreds of disabled students to benefit
This will benefit hundreds of disabled students who have been making the demand for additional time and writer facility at the university levels since these are already available at the board level.
Verification made simpler
The University is also working on making the verification process easier for disabled students. The students will not have to visit the exam section for verification but will be able to give their medical certificates along with IDs at the exam centres.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Modi responds to Jharkhand mob lynching
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Events June 26, 2019 Coaching Classes for Visually Impaired Students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News