Rotary Club Chandigarh gave scholarships to 9 blind children
The Rotary Chandigarh Shivalik has given scholarships worth Rs 1.80 lakh to nine visually-challenged college and university students.
The amount was raised through a charity fundraising event. The Rotary club had organized a "Rotary Dinner in the Dark" in September and October where the funds were collected.
The aim of the fund raising drive was to help the nine blind children in their education.
Apart from the charity dinner, individuals had also came forward to give money to rotary club for the good cause.
Each of the nine student was given an amount of Rs 20,000 each to be used for completion of their education.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Intellectual Disability
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines December 3, 2018 Rajinikanth’s 2.0 break all records at Indian box office
- Accessibility December 3, 2018 Welcome initiatives that shine a light on need for sexuality education for disabled people
- Get-hooked December 3, 2018 Neeraj George’s 300-km ride is all about determination and courage
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News