Rotary Club Chandigarh gave scholarships to 9 blind children
December 15, 2017
The Rotary Chandigarh Shivalik has given scholarships worth Rs 1.80 lakh to nine visually-challenged college and university students.
The amount was raised through a charity fundraising event. The Rotary club had organized a "Rotary Dinner in the Dark" in September and October where the funds were collected.
The aim of the fund raising drive was to help the nine blind children in their education.
Apart from the charity dinner, individuals had also came forward to give money to rotary club for the good cause.
Each of the nine student was given an amount of Rs 20,000 each to be used for completion of their education.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 18, 2019 New Zealand attack - 3 men from Hyderabad among 50 killed
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Rewire your brain – Guest Column by Dr Elavatsala Sharma
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Mayawati will not contest 2019 general elections
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News