European startup develops technology that translates sign language automatically
December 15, 2017
A startup company called SignAll from Hungary in Europe has created a technology to translate sign language automatically.
The company is using a system of cameras and a depth sensor that allows the signer to sign freely and their signed words appear on the screen for other people to understand and communicate.
SignAll is developed to promote sign language for the deaf people. Sign language is the first language for people who are born deaf and spoken English is their second language.
The idea is to make daily life of deaf people using sign language easier. Deaf people can take SignAll to the bank, pharmacy, a car shop, school, work and anywhere.
SignAll is still in prototype stage and one can see the working prototype at CES 2018 in Las Vegas from 9 to 12 January 2018.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News