European startup develops technology that translates sign language automatically
A startup company called SignAll from Hungary in Europe has created a technology to translate sign language automatically.
The company is using a system of cameras and a depth sensor that allows the signer to sign freely and their signed words appear on the screen for other people to understand and communicate.
SignAll is developed to promote sign language for the deaf people. Sign language is the first language for people who are born deaf and spoken English is their second language.
The idea is to make daily life of deaf people using sign language easier. Deaf people can take SignAll to the bank, pharmacy, a car shop, school, work and anywhere.
SignAll is still in prototype stage and one can see the working prototype at CES 2018 in Las Vegas from 9 to 12 January 2018.
Watch in Sign Language
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 14, 2019