European startup develops technology that translates sign language automatically
December 15, 2017
A startup company called SignAll from Hungary in Europe has created a technology to translate sign language automatically.
The company is using a system of cameras and a depth sensor that allows the signer to sign freely and their signed words appear on the screen for other people to understand and communicate.
SignAll is developed to promote sign language for the deaf people. Sign language is the first language for people who are born deaf and spoken English is their second language.
The idea is to make daily life of deaf people using sign language easier. Deaf people can take SignAll to the bank, pharmacy, a car shop, school, work and anywhere.
SignAll is still in prototype stage and one can see the working prototype at CES 2018 in Las Vegas from 9 to 12 January 2018.
Watch in Sign Language
- New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
June 24, 2019
- #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
June 20, 2019
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News