Top 5 Autism News Stories of 2017
December 27, 2017
From a top-rated primetime TV series to the latest advances in technologies and therapies, there was plenty that made the news in the field of Autism.
A news story that stayed in the headlines for days was the Tamil Nadu government's decision to make autism therapy free for all children at private centres in the state.
News about a new blood test that could test if a child has autism and even the grade dominated the headlines.
A school in the United States that is helping to train people with autism to find jobs in the tech industry scores high for its message of empowerment and finding ability in disability.
The iconic show Sesame Street, which has been winning the hearts of kids across the world for decades, introduced us to a new character, Julia, who happens to be on the autism spectrum.
And finally, they may not have won the Oscar awards but they certainly won plenty of hearts. Meet the strong visual artists with autism who worked on the film Doctor Strange.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility March 19, 2019 Rising Star Tours & Travels is helping visually impaired people experience the magic of new places
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 My disability taught me to unlock my potential - My Take by Dhanya Ravi
- Parasports March 20, 2019 India on a roll at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Need more movies to portray disability in a sensitive manner, say activists
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Rewire your brain – Guest Column by Dr Elavatsala Sharma
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News