Top 5 Autism News Stories of 2017
December 27, 2017
From a top-rated primetime TV series to the latest advances in technologies and therapies, there was plenty that made the news in the field of Autism.
A news story that stayed in the headlines for days was the Tamil Nadu government's decision to make autism therapy free for all children at private centres in the state.
News about a new blood test that could test if a child has autism and even the grade dominated the headlines.
A school in the United States that is helping to train people with autism to find jobs in the tech industry scores high for its message of empowerment and finding ability in disability.
The iconic show Sesame Street, which has been winning the hearts of kids across the world for decades, introduced us to a new character, Julia, who happens to be on the autism spectrum.
And finally, they may not have won the Oscar awards but they certainly won plenty of hearts. Meet the strong visual artists with autism who worked on the film Doctor Strange.
Watch in Sign Language
- Differences in viewpoints must be respected. - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
August 26, 2019
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Blind student in Delhi threatened & robbed, Delhi Police slammed for failure to respond
August 25, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Amazon forest burns at record rate
- Headlines August 26, 2019 Arun Jaitley cremated with full state honours
- Headlines August 24, 2019 PM Modi talks about 'New India' at France
- Events August 22, 2019 Ganesha Making Workshop
- Get-Hooked August 20, 2019 Inclusive Spotfix initiative to beauty Bangalore roads
- Headlines August 26, 2019 PV Sindhu becomes World Champion
- Parasports August 26, 2019 National selection camp for wheelchair basketball underway in Chennai
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Headlines August 26, 2019 High alert along Line of Control over terror threat
- Accessibility August 23, 2019 Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News