Top 5 Autism News Stories of 2017
From a top-rated primetime TV series to the latest advances in technologies and therapies, there was plenty that made the news in the field of Autism.
A news story that stayed in the headlines for days was the Tamil Nadu government's decision to make autism therapy free for all children at private centres in the state.
News about a new blood test that could test if a child has autism and even the grade dominated the headlines.
A school in the United States that is helping to train people with autism to find jobs in the tech industry scores high for its message of empowerment and finding ability in disability.
The iconic show Sesame Street, which has been winning the hearts of kids across the world for decades, introduced us to a new character, Julia, who happens to be on the autism spectrum.
And finally, they may not have won the Oscar awards but they certainly won plenty of hearts. Meet the strong visual artists with autism who worked on the film Doctor Strange.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some common misconceptions about Braille
January 24, 2019
- Some things to avoid when you parent a child with autism
January 23, 2019
- The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
January 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 22, 2019 Uri: The Surgical Strike is 2019's 1st hit
- Events January 22, 2019 9th Hydrabad Fide Rating Chess Tournament for Visually Challenged, 2019
- Events January 18, 2019 Rapid & Blitz Chess Tournament
- Parasports January 22, 2019 “My blade are my wings to fly”- My Take by Sajesh Krishnan, Kerala’s first blade runner
- Parasports January 22, 2019 Champions with disabilities display guts & glory at the 2019 Tata Mumbai Marathon
- Events January 18, 2019 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Events January 20, 2019 Parent Workshop on Toilet Training
- Events January 23, 2019 State Level Workshop on Sustainable Development & Accessible Empowerment of Deaf
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Awareness to access, Cure SMA India speaks up for kids with spinal muscular atrophy
- Get-hooked January 23, 2019 Some things to avoid when you parent a child with autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 23, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News