Top 5 Autism News Stories of 2017
December 27, 2017
From a top-rated primetime TV series to the latest advances in technologies and therapies, there was plenty that made the news in the field of Autism.
A news story that stayed in the headlines for days was the Tamil Nadu government's decision to make autism therapy free for all children at private centres in the state.
News about a new blood test that could test if a child has autism and even the grade dominated the headlines.
A school in the United States that is helping to train people with autism to find jobs in the tech industry scores high for its message of empowerment and finding ability in disability.
The iconic show Sesame Street, which has been winning the hearts of kids across the world for decades, introduced us to a new character, Julia, who happens to be on the autism spectrum.
And finally, they may not have won the Oscar awards but they certainly won plenty of hearts. Meet the strong visual artists with autism who worked on the film Doctor Strange.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Employment May 16, 2019 Umbrella By Differently Abled empowers people with spinal cord injuries
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 CRPF jawan & Pulwama attack survivor feeds disabled boy in Kashmir, wins hearts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News