Top 5 stories about the Deaf in 2017
December 29, 2017
1.Schools & skill development centres for Deaf
A positive step for the deaf taken by the government of Kerala, which will open schools and skill development centres , to improve knowledge and language skills among hearing impaired kids in the state.
2.Ola gives pleasant surprise to deaf travelers
Jeroz Nishanth Coelho got a pleasant surprise from Ola when he was planning a trip with his hearing impaired friends. Ola gave him a free ride making it a memorable trip for the deaf travellers.
3.TEACH enabling the deaf
This story is about how TEACH - Training and Education Centre for Hearing Impaired was founded with the aim of making a difference.
4.Public events in sign language
Another step towards accessibility and inclusion. The government decided to telecast public events with sign language interpretation .
5.Young innovators create device for deaf
Young scientists of class 8 developed a device to help the deaf . The device is useful for making their daily lives easier by making them aware of the surroundings.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News