Top 5 stories about the Deaf in 2017
1.Schools & skill development centres for Deaf
A positive step for the deaf taken by the government of Kerala, which will open schools and skill development centres , to improve knowledge and language skills among hearing impaired kids in the state.
2.Ola gives pleasant surprise to deaf travelers
Jeroz Nishanth Coelho got a pleasant surprise from Ola when he was planning a trip with his hearing impaired friends. Ola gave him a free ride making it a memorable trip for the deaf travellers.
3.TEACH enabling the deaf
This story is about how TEACH - Training and Education Centre for Hearing Impaired was founded with the aim of making a difference.
4.Public events in sign language
Another step towards accessibility and inclusion. The government decided to telecast public events with sign language interpretation .
5.Young innovators create device for deaf
Young scientists of class 8 developed a device to help the deaf . The device is useful for making their daily lives easier by making them aware of the surroundings.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Events February 10, 2019 Cerebral Palsy at Bhopal and Varanasi 2019
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019