Top 5 stories about the Deaf in 2017
December 29, 2017
1.Schools & skill development centres for Deaf
A positive step for the deaf taken by the government of Kerala, which will open schools and skill development centres , to improve knowledge and language skills among hearing impaired kids in the state.
2.Ola gives pleasant surprise to deaf travelers
Jeroz Nishanth Coelho got a pleasant surprise from Ola when he was planning a trip with his hearing impaired friends. Ola gave him a free ride making it a memorable trip for the deaf travellers.
3.TEACH enabling the deaf
This story is about how TEACH - Training and Education Centre for Hearing Impaired was founded with the aim of making a difference.
4.Public events in sign language
Another step towards accessibility and inclusion. The government decided to telecast public events with sign language interpretation .
5.Young innovators create device for deaf
Young scientists of class 8 developed a device to help the deaf . The device is useful for making their daily lives easier by making them aware of the surroundings.
Watch in Sign Language
- #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
July 18, 2019
- Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
July 18, 2019
- Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Accommodating Diversities
- Events July 11, 2019 Swaradhar - Manthan 2019
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines July 11, 2019 Kangana faces boycott threat from media
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Virat shares message with fans after loss
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
- Technology July 11, 2019 #TechThursdays - TouchVision SmartStand promises to be a game changer for visually impaired people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News