125 countries in 17 years! This blind & deaf traveler has set serious travel goals!
Tony Giles is a blind and deaf traveler and has visited 125 countries around the world.
Despite his impairments, Giles travels on his own and has no companion. He decided to travel to every country on the planet as a challenge for his disability.
Giles started his adventurous travel in March 2000 in the United States and has covered the vast distance himself.
Tony the Traveler
South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Iceland and Sri Lanka, he remembers all the countries he visited and how he felt in each one of them.
His travelling is funded by a monthly pension that he receives from a small amount that his father left for him.
He uses public transports and budget hotels and tries to spend as little as possible.
Tony Giles graduated with a degree in American studies from Northampton University in 2001.
He is currently back home in the UK and is still deciding the country he will travel to next year.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer to get married on 15 November
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Sudeep Shukla, India's first deaf MLA candidate looks forward to making history
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Amritsar train tragedy - Organisers go missing, police yet to identify accused
- Get-hooked October 22, 2018 What matters is how we run the race - Guest Column by Vineet Saraiwala, visually impaired marathoner
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Education October 20, 2018 Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News