125 countries in 17 years! This blind & deaf traveler has set serious travel goals!
Tony Giles is a blind and deaf traveler and has visited 125 countries around the world.
Despite his impairments, Giles travels on his own and has no companion. He decided to travel to every country on the planet as a challenge for his disability.
Giles started his adventurous travel in March 2000 in the United States and has covered the vast distance himself.
Tony the Traveler
South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Iceland and Sri Lanka, he remembers all the countries he visited and how he felt in each one of them.
His travelling is funded by a monthly pension that he receives from a small amount that his father left for him.
He uses public transports and budget hotels and tries to spend as little as possible.
Tony Giles graduated with a degree in American studies from Northampton University in 2001.
He is currently back home in the UK and is still deciding the country he will travel to next year.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019