Set up sensitisation committees in every office to help disabled, orders Supreme Court
December 16, 2017
In a significant step, the Supreme Court has suggested stringent reforms at workplaces that would help the disabled. It has also said that the government must set up sensitisation committees in all organisation, public and private organisations, like sexual harassment committees at workplaces.
Tough orders from Supreme Court on rights for disabled at the workplace
The directions when hearing a petition by Rajive Raturi, regional director of Disability Right Promotional International.
The court has also asked for a status report on the framework of the coordination system between the Centre and the states when it comes to implementing the Rights of Persons With Disabilities Act, 2016.
The Centre and states have to file their status reports within three months on what coordination is being done about the RPWD Act.
Committees have to be start functioning in 6 months in every office
It has also asked the Centre to come up with a draft of the PWD Sensitisation Committee. It said that the committees must start functioning in every public and private organisation within six months.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Headlines May 17, 2019 PM promises to build statue of reformer Vidyasagar
- Events May 15, 2019 Movie Screening on Mental Health Awareness
- Events May 15, 2019 Summer camp
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Events May 15, 2019 Summer Camp 2019
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News