Set up sensitisation committees in every office to help disabled, orders Supreme Court
In a significant step, the Supreme Court has suggested stringent reforms at workplaces that would help the disabled. It has also said that the government must set up sensitisation committees in all organisation, public and private organisations, like sexual harassment committees at workplaces.
Tough orders from Supreme Court on rights for disabled at the workplace
The directions when hearing a petition by Rajive Raturi, regional director of Disability Right Promotional International.
The court has also asked for a status report on the framework of the coordination system between the Centre and the states when it comes to implementing the Rights of Persons With Disabilities Act, 2016.
The Centre and states have to file their status reports within three months on what coordination is being done about the RPWD Act.
Committees have to be start functioning in 6 months in every office
It has also asked the Centre to come up with a draft of the PWD Sensitisation Committee. It said that the committees must start functioning in every public and private organisation within six months.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports January 22, 2019 Champions with disabilities display guts & glory at the 2019 Tata Mumbai Marathon
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Kerala government claims 51 women entered Sabarimala since last September
- Headlines January 21, 2019 PM launches National Museum of Indian Cinema
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Bengaluru NGOs show a large heart with donations for disabled, homeless people
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
- Events January 18, 2019 Inclusive Zumba
- Events January 20, 2019 Parent Workshop on Toilet Training
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News