Set up sensitisation committees in every office to help disabled, orders Supreme Court
December 16, 2017
In a significant step, the Supreme Court has suggested stringent reforms at workplaces that would help the disabled. It has also said that the government must set up sensitisation committees in all organisation, public and private organisations, like sexual harassment committees at workplaces.
Tough orders from Supreme Court on rights for disabled at the workplace
The directions when hearing a petition by Rajive Raturi, regional director of Disability Right Promotional International.
The court has also asked for a status report on the framework of the coordination system between the Centre and the states when it comes to implementing the Rights of Persons With Disabilities Act, 2016.
The Centre and states have to file their status reports within three months on what coordination is being done about the RPWD Act.
Committees have to be start functioning in 6 months in every office
It has also asked the Centre to come up with a draft of the PWD Sensitisation Committee. It said that the committees must start functioning in every public and private organisation within six months.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 How a Facebook page helped rally a support group for wheelchair users in Kerala
- Get-hooked March 14, 2019 Madras High Court directs implementation of 3% job quota for disabled people, activists unhappy
- Accessibility March 21, 2019 A tactile toolkit that explains what periods are all about to girls with vision & hearing disabilities
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 #WonderWoman - Priya Bhargav embodies the warrior spirit in many ways
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Disability rights rules amended for people with high support needs
- Headlines March 15, 2019 U.S warns China for blocking action on terrorist Masood Azhar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News