Coimbatore NGO constructs accessible toilets and ramps in government schools
December 17, 2017
NGO Swarga Foundation from Coimbatore has built accessible toilets and ramps for the benefit of physically disabled students recently.
Disabled children forced to drop out of school due to lack of accessible toilets
The move came after the foundation members saw a physically disabled Class 7 student find it difficult to move around in a government school. The foundation decided to buy a wheelchair so that the student can move independently.
As the school is located in a village and has eight disabled students, the Swarga Foundation also built accessible toilets in the school for a cost of Rs 2.25 lakhs.
The NGO has also set up ramps in six government schools to help disabled students move around easily without anybody's help.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News