Coimbatore NGO constructs accessible toilets and ramps in government schools
December 17, 2017
NGO Swarga Foundation from Coimbatore has built accessible toilets and ramps for the benefit of physically disabled students recently.
Disabled children forced to drop out of school due to lack of accessible toilets
The move came after the foundation members saw a physically disabled Class 7 student find it difficult to move around in a government school. The foundation decided to buy a wheelchair so that the student can move independently.
As the school is located in a village and has eight disabled students, the Swarga Foundation also built accessible toilets in the school for a cost of Rs 2.25 lakhs.
The NGO has also set up ramps in six government schools to help disabled students move around easily without anybody's help.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat Kohli
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News