Coimbatore NGO constructs accessible toilets and ramps in government schools
NGO Swarga Foundation from Coimbatore has built accessible toilets and ramps for the benefit of physically disabled students recently.
Disabled children forced to drop out of school due to lack of accessible toilets
The move came after the foundation members saw a physically disabled Class 7 student find it difficult to move around in a government school. The foundation decided to buy a wheelchair so that the student can move independently.
As the school is located in a village and has eight disabled students, the Swarga Foundation also built accessible toilets in the school for a cost of Rs 2.25 lakhs.
The NGO has also set up ramps in six government schools to help disabled students move around easily without anybody's help.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Kerala government starts initiatives for inclusive elections
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News