First Public limited company in India for disabled by disabled
Handicrops Divyanga Impex is the first company in India that has been set up for supporting disabled artisans by people with disabilities.
Handicrops Divyanga Impex is a Public limited company and has been opened in Palakkad, Kerala.
The company is run by disabled founders
The company has eight directors five of which are use wheelchair to move around. The company is run by disabled people with the aim to assist people with disabilities and their families.
Skill development programmes, and financial and material resources will be provided by the organization for the welfare and development of disabled artist.
More than 100 disabled people have already become the members of Handicrops Divyanga Impex.
They work from home and make stuff such as paper pens, LED bulbs, paper bags, umbrellas, handmade soaps, jewellery, and other handicrafts.
The company also has plans to make devices such as electric wheelchairs.
People can invest in the company by taking shares in the company, the minimum investment is ₹10,000, and maximum is ₹5 lakh.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Kerala government starts initiatives for inclusive elections
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 #LovePossible – When Swarnalatha proposed to Guruprasad
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019