First Public limited company in India for disabled by disabled
December 16, 2017
Handicrops Divyanga Impex is the first company in India that has been set up for supporting disabled artisans by people with disabilities.
Handicrops Divyanga Impex is a Public limited company and has been opened in Palakkad, Kerala.
The company is run by disabled founders
The company has eight directors five of which are use wheelchair to move around. The company is run by disabled people with the aim to assist people with disabilities and their families.
Skill development programmes, and financial and material resources will be provided by the organization for the welfare and development of disabled artist.
More than 100 disabled people have already become the members of Handicrops Divyanga Impex.
They work from home and make stuff such as paper pens, LED bulbs, paper bags, umbrellas, handmade soaps, jewellery, and other handicrafts.
The company also has plans to make devices such as electric wheelchairs.
People can invest in the company by taking shares in the company, the minimum investment is Rs10,000, and maximum is Rs5 lakh.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News