First Public limited company in India for disabled by disabled
December 16, 2017
Handicrops Divyanga Impex is the first company in India that has been set up for supporting disabled artisans by people with disabilities.
Handicrops Divyanga Impex is a Public limited company and has been opened in Palakkad, Kerala.
The company is run by disabled founders
The company has eight directors five of which are use wheelchair to move around. The company is run by disabled people with the aim to assist people with disabilities and their families.
Skill development programmes, and financial and material resources will be provided by the organization for the welfare and development of disabled artist.
More than 100 disabled people have already become the members of Handicrops Divyanga Impex.
They work from home and make stuff such as paper pens, LED bulbs, paper bags, umbrellas, handmade soaps, jewellery, and other handicrafts.
The company also has plans to make devices such as electric wheelchairs.
People can invest in the company by taking shares in the company, the minimum investment is Rs10,000, and maximum is Rs5 lakh.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News