Around 2,000 Uttar Pradesh teachers get jobs with fake disability certificates
December 18, 2017
Around 2,000 assistant teachers working in government primary schools across Uttar Pradesh are suspected of using fake disability certificates for getting jobs.
The education department has initiated an enquiry into the suspicions as the teachers may have submitted fake certificates during the hiring process.
The information was recently discovered by the State Council for Education Research and Training
A total of 1,932 teachers have been asked by the SCERT committee to appear before it with documents for verification.
The applicants are accused of using fake handicap certificates to join the basic education department as assistant teachers resulting in the unemployment of people who are actually disabled and deserve the jobs.
SCERT is verifying the original documents of the teachers and also doing physical test to verify their eligibility.
Watch in Sign Language
- Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
June 20, 2019
- SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
June 17, 2019
- Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
June 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Snehankit Helpline for visually impaired students is helping them shine in academics
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News