Around 2,000 Uttar Pradesh teachers get jobs with fake disability certificates
Around 2,000 assistant teachers working in government primary schools across Uttar Pradesh are suspected of using fake disability certificates for getting jobs.
The education department has initiated an enquiry into the suspicions as the teachers may have submitted fake certificates during the hiring process.
The information was recently discovered by the State Council for Education Research and Training
A total of 1,932 teachers have been asked by the SCERT committee to appear before it with documents for verification.
The applicants are accused of using fake handicap certificates to join the basic education department as assistant teachers resulting in the unemployment of people who are actually disabled and deserve the jobs.
SCERT is verifying the original documents of the teachers and also doing physical test to verify their eligibility.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Mammootty watches latest film 'Peranbu' with disabled kids at Kochi theatre
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta to tie the knot on 9 March
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News