Around 2,000 Uttar Pradesh teachers get jobs with fake disability certificates
December 18, 2017
Around 2,000 assistant teachers working in government primary schools across Uttar Pradesh are suspected of using fake disability certificates for getting jobs.
The education department has initiated an enquiry into the suspicions as the teachers may have submitted fake certificates during the hiring process.
The information was recently discovered by the State Council for Education Research and Training
A total of 1,932 teachers have been asked by the SCERT committee to appear before it with documents for verification.
The applicants are accused of using fake handicap certificates to join the basic education department as assistant teachers resulting in the unemployment of people who are actually disabled and deserve the jobs.
SCERT is verifying the original documents of the teachers and also doing physical test to verify their eligibility.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News