Chinese company shows a big heart, will develop messaging tool for deaf customers
A Chinese food delivery company plans to develop functions of messaging and answering machines in their app to help couriers who are profoundly deaf.
Under this, users will receive popups suggesting that they communicate with the delivery driver through text messaging if the courier cannot hear or speak. Couriers can also use the tool to send phrases frequently used by pressing the one-touch trigger button.
New tool aims to do away with hassles faced by deaf & speech impaired workers
When the messages are not received promptly, the cloud terminal will call the users automatically with a notice for picking up.
The new functions are being developed after two workers complained that companies are not meeting the needs of the deaf and speech impaired. Many Chinese Internet users were moved by the story.
Technology changing lives of the disabled in China
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019