Chinese company shows a big heart, will develop messaging tool for deaf customers
December 18, 2017
A Chinese food delivery company plans to develop functions of messaging and answering machines in their app to help couriers who are profoundly deaf.
Under this, users will receive popups suggesting that they communicate with the delivery driver through text messaging if the courier cannot hear or speak. Couriers can also use the tool to send phrases frequently used by pressing the one-touch trigger button.
New tool aims to do away with hassles faced by deaf & speech impaired workers
When the messages are not received promptly, the cloud terminal will call the users automatically with a notice for picking up.
The new functions are being developed after two workers complained that companies are not meeting the needs of the deaf and speech impaired. Many Chinese Internet users were moved by the story.
Technology changing lives of the disabled in China
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Accessibility April 12, 2019 Worthy of international medals, but "mentally unsound" to vote – Why this election will elude Asha Kiran home residents
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News