Chinese company shows a big heart, will develop messaging tool for deaf customers
A Chinese food delivery company plans to develop functions of messaging and answering machines in their app to help couriers who are profoundly deaf.
Under this, users will receive popups suggesting that they communicate with the delivery driver through text messaging if the courier cannot hear or speak. Couriers can also use the tool to send phrases frequently used by pressing the one-touch trigger button.
New tool aims to do away with hassles faced by deaf & speech impaired workers
When the messages are not received promptly, the cloud terminal will call the users automatically with a notice for picking up.
The new functions are being developed after two workers complained that companies are not meeting the needs of the deaf and speech impaired. Many Chinese Internet users were moved by the story.
Technology changing lives of the disabled in China
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje accuses opposition leader of body-shaming
- Education December 7, 2018 Tips to help children with dyscalculia
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Employment December 11, 2018 Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
- Technology December 5, 2018 Assistive technology makes life simpler for children with learning disabilities
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Section 144 extended in Sabarimala till 8 December
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News