Teach sign language to babies to help them communicate better
December 18, 2017
Baby sign language has become more famous over the last ten years. Earlier, it was taught only to a deaf or hearing impaired child but not anymore.
Baby Reyna uses basic sign language to communicate with her parents and say what she wants. Reyna is not deaf and can hear just fine.
Reyna's parents taught their 15-month daughter basic signs of food, water, light and they are teaching her more specific foods.
Baby sign language helps small kids not to cry or worry and be more calm while expressing their needs and wants.
Teaching sign language to babies helps them communicate faster
New parents can start to teach one or two signs to their kids when they are atleast six months old and then add more words. This helps babies communicate emotions, wants, and objects before their spoken language is developed.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News