Teach sign language to babies to help them communicate better
December 18, 2017
Baby sign language has become more famous over the last ten years. Earlier, it was taught only to a deaf or hearing impaired child but not anymore.
Baby Reyna uses basic sign language to communicate with her parents and say what she wants. Reyna is not deaf and can hear just fine.
Reyna's parents taught their 15-month daughter basic signs of food, water, light and they are teaching her more specific foods.
Baby sign language helps small kids not to cry or worry and be more calm while expressing their needs and wants.
Teaching sign language to babies helps them communicate faster
New parents can start to teach one or two signs to their kids when they are atleast six months old and then add more words. This helps babies communicate emotions, wants, and objects before their spoken language is developed.
Watch in Sign Language
- Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
April 21, 2019
- Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
April 20, 2019
- Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
April 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News