Researcher from Iran develops a smart device for the blind
Asra Paknahad, a researcher from Iran and her team has developed bracelet that connects to Android mobile phones through Bluetooth.
The Braille bracelet, which is a keyboard helps the visually impaired send messages and accept and reject calls on the phone.
The device is accessible for the blind and the keyboard is made as per the world Braille reading standards.
Device can Alert & Vibrate
Paknahad said that the device has the ability to alert and vibrate to communicate with smart gadgets, connect to headsets, access the contact list and others.
The research team has plans to design a smart stick for the blind to help them move around freely.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News