This international orchestra chooses to play blindfolded!
Dov Balu Rosen was a drummer with a prominent Israeli band. But four years years, Rosen decided to quit and do something new.
Now he is back as the founder of a unique music project called Blind Orchestra. He was recently in Delhi for a performance and gave people in India a chance to experience his magic.
The idea for the Blind Orchestra is simple. Except for the conductor, all members of the orchestra are blindfolded throughout the performance. None of the band members know what they are going to play next. Each member gets to start a new song, while the rest join in as per the conductor’s instructions.
The player starts when the conducted touches him. When the conductor wants the player to hit faster notes, he touches the player twice with both sticks.
Rosen plans to make the concept global. He wants to see centers across the world where musicians can come and play together.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Kerala government starts initiatives for inclusive elections
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019