Andhra Pradesh develops Telugu app to detect learning disabilities
The government of Andhra Pradesh Government in partnership with the UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development will establish a center of excellence for children with learning disabilities. This will also be a gaming for e-learning hub.
This will be the first such center in India as well as the Asia-Pacific region.
A Telugu app to screen students for learning disabilities has also been developed by the state government that has been tested and the government plans to work with a number of schools to screen students at a very early age to see if they are dyslexic or have any other difficulty. This app will be launched in January 2018.
To begin with the government will work with 200 schools. Teachers will be trained first and the center will also have a team of child psychologists.
The gaming hub for e-learning will be a center of excellence as well. The government will work with institutes like the IITs and the IIMs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Jadavpur University Professor sacked for sexist remarks
- Accessibility January 15, 2019 Gujarat National Law University sets up Enabling Unit for disabled students
- Parasports January 20, 2019 Samarthanam Trust, Pinkathon to.organize ultra-marathon for visually impaired people
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Samanvai spreads smiles to lives of disabled people in Hyderabad
- Employment January 17, 2019 How to make the workplace suitable for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Parenting Disability: Me as an orthpedically challenged child - Guest Column by Payal Kukreja
- Events January 20, 2019 Deaf Awareness India- Guests Lecture
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News