Andhra Pradesh develops Telugu app to detect learning disabilities
The government of Andhra Pradesh Government in partnership with the UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development will establish a center of excellence for children with learning disabilities. This will also be a gaming for e-learning hub.
This will be the first such center in India as well as the Asia-Pacific region.
A Telugu app to screen students for learning disabilities has also been developed by the state government that has been tested and the government plans to work with a number of schools to screen students at a very early age to see if they are dyslexic or have any other difficulty. This app will be launched in January 2018.
To begin with the government will work with 200 schools. Teachers will be trained first and the center will also have a team of child psychologists.
The gaming hub for e-learning will be a center of excellence as well. The government will work with institutes like the IITs and the IIMs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 11, 2018 ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ crosses Rs 50 crore on first day of release
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
- Education November 15, 2018 Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
- Events November 12, 2018 Inclov Social Spaces Mumbai - New Year Celebration
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 "It was like the whole universe came together" - My Take by Ruma Roka, founder, Noida Deaf Society
- Accessibility November 15, 2018 Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
- Get-hooked November 10, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Autism Spectrum Disorder
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 10, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News