Now the blind can 'see' images better on Facebook
Thanks to text-to-audio software, Facebook users are able to see the images posted on Facebook. Now the company has gone one step better.
New tool developed by Matt King, Facebook's first blind engineer
It is rolling out a new and improved face recognition service that will help users find out which friends are in photos, even if they have not been tagged by another user.
Tool describes scenery, objects, animals, & people in photographs to the blind
Facebook has not changed the facial recognition technology since it introduced it in 2010 to suggest the identities of people in photos. After feedback from billions of users, it felt the need to push its use into new territory.
The new technology will also helped people with sight, as they can now crack down on impostors. So starting Tuesday, Facebook will notify you if someone has uploaded your face as their profile picture. You will also be notified if someone in your network has posted a picture of you without explicitly tagging you.
Watch in Sign Language
- Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
December 14, 2018
- Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
December 14, 2018
- Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
December 13, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Events December 13, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News