New Year Eve's trek only for the disabled! Read more to find out
To challenge all the stereotypes associated with people with disabilities and to show their talents, Urja Durg Sanwardhan Pratishthan, an organisation in Aurangabad, has organised a New Year's Eve trek to Mount Kaslubai in the Western Ghats.
The president of the, Shivaji Gade, suffers from a limb disability and has been organising treks to various forts in Maharashtra to promote heritage and provide the disabled an opportunity to witness and appreciate their rich history.
Such events have been conducted for over six years and there have been no accidents. The ground situation is always checked before the trip to make sure no accidents can take place.
People with disabilities and others interested can also join the trek. Register by 25 December
Those interested will gather and spend the night at the foot of the mountains on 30 December. The journey will begin on the morning of 31 December. Trekkers have to bring necessary food, medicine, clothes and water along with them. Those needing special assistance should inform beforehand.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Court to Anil Ambani - Pay dues or go to jail
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 Know more about the Race For 7 to mark International Rare Disease Day
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019