New Year Eve's trek only for the disabled! Read more to find out
December 21, 2017
To challenge all the stereotypes associated with people with disabilities and to show their talents, Urja Durg Sanwardhan Pratishthan, an organisation in Aurangabad, has organised a New Year's Eve trek to Mount Kaslubai in the Western Ghats.
The president of the, Shivaji Gade, suffers from a limb disability and has been organising treks to various forts in Maharashtra to promote heritage and provide the disabled an opportunity to witness and appreciate their rich history.
Such events have been conducted for over six years and there have been no accidents. The ground situation is always checked before the trip to make sure no accidents can take place.
People with disabilities and others interested can also join the trek. Register by 25 December
Those interested will gather and spend the night at the foot of the mountains on 30 December. The journey will begin on the morning of 31 December. Trekkers have to bring necessary food, medicine, clothes and water along with them. Those needing special assistance should inform beforehand.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News