International Day of Sign Languages Declared by the United Nations Organisation
The United Nations has announced that from 2018, 23 September will be observed as The International Day of Sign Languages every year. This is a significant achievement for the people of deaf community across the world.
The declaration was made yesterday during the 72nd United Nations General Assembly session.
The first International Day of Sign Languages will be celebrated on 23 September 2018 as part of the International Week of the Deaf.
The World Federation of the Deaf – WFD is behind the International Day of Sign Languages being declared by UN.
WFD has been working across various countries of the world to gather support regarding this matter.
23 September also commemorates the date that the WFD was established in 1951.
The World Federation of the Deaf was set up with the aim to promote the rights of deaf people and ensure the preservation of sign languages and deaf culture.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News