Makeathon winners will develop accessibility solutions for persons with disabilities
The Enable Makeathon –EM has selected six finalists who will now compete with each other. The International Committee of the Red Cross – ICRC has announced this New Delhi.
The winner team of the Makeathon will get the opportunity to develop accessibility solutions for persons with disabilities.
The aim of the makethon is to encourage young creators to come up with affordable solutions to help the people with disabilities in the challenges they face.
The teams will focus on the needs of people with disabilities who live in the remote parts and have less access to technology.
Teams are innovating accessibility solutions
The teams are currently busy in coming up with unique ideas as per the Enable Makeathon challenges in various fields.
Some of the innovations made so far include making tourism more accessible, a low-cost version of an encyclopedia for deaf people, an application that supports pregnancy checkup for the visually impaired.
The finale of the competition will be held on 6 Feb.
The winning team will get the chance for a yar long training program to improve their skills.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 14, 2019 Survey to analyze challenges of disabled people in Tamil Nadu off to a slow start
- Get-hooked January 11, 2019 Former blind cricket captain Shekhar Naik's special gesture for homeless people
- Headlines January 16, 2019 Kumbh Mela 2019 begins in Prayagraj
- Headlines January 15, 2019 Fans troll Virat for spending quality time with Anushka
- Headlines January 11, 2019 Rajinikanth's Petta gets thumbs up from fans
- Headlines January 10, 2019 Elections will not disrupt India's plan to host all IPL matches
- Events January 10, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News