Makeathon winners will develop accessibility solutions for persons with disabilities
The Enable Makeathon –EM has selected six finalists who will now compete with each other. The International Committee of the Red Cross – ICRC has announced this New Delhi.
The winner team of the Makeathon will get the opportunity to develop accessibility solutions for persons with disabilities.
The aim of the makethon is to encourage young creators to come up with affordable solutions to help the people with disabilities in the challenges they face.
The teams will focus on the needs of people with disabilities who live in the remote parts and have less access to technology.
Teams are innovating accessibility solutions
The teams are currently busy in coming up with unique ideas as per the Enable Makeathon challenges in various fields.
Some of the innovations made so far include making tourism more accessible, a low-cost version of an encyclopedia for deaf people, an application that supports pregnancy checkup for the visually impaired.
The finale of the competition will be held on 6 Feb.
The winning team will get the chance for a yar long training program to improve their skills.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Facebook launches TikTok like app called 'Lasso'
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 The story behind India's 1st inclusive expedition to Kilimanjaro
- Parasports November 11, 2018 Want to stay active? Check out these sports for disabled people
- Technology November 13, 2018 Engineering student develops app called Myability that speaks out typed text
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Air India pilot found drunk before flight
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Vijay’s ‘Sarkar’ enters Rs 100 Crore club amidst controversies
- Accessibility November 13, 2018 This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018