Makeathon winners will develop accessibility solutions for persons with disabilities
December 25, 2017
The Enable Makeathon -EM has selected six finalists who will now compete with each other. The International Committee of the Red Cross - ICRC has announced this New Delhi.
The winner team of the Makeathon will get the opportunity to develop accessibility solutions for persons with disabilities.
The aim of the makethon is to encourage young creators to come up with affordable solutions to help the people with disabilities in the challenges they face.
The teams will focus on the needs of people with disabilities who live in the remote parts and have less access to technology.
Teams are innovating accessibility solutions
The teams are currently busy in coming up with unique ideas as per the Enable Makeathon challenges in various fields.
Some of the innovations made so far include making tourism more accessible, a low-cost version of an encyclopedia for deaf people, an application that supports pregnancy checkup for the visually impaired.
The finale of the competition will be held on 6 Feb.
The winning team will get the chance for a yar long training program to improve their skills.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 16, 2019 From 29 October, women can travel for free on Delhi buses
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 “People with disabilities working in health care inform better care & access” – Dr Lisa Meeks
- Events August 13, 2019 Inclusive Walkathon
- Parasports August 15, 2019 India triumph at Physical Disability World Cricket Series, will BCCI finally take note?
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Inclusive art festival aims to uncover new opportunities for Bengaluru residents
- Parasports August 13, 2019 “Government apathy towards para sports demotivates us” - MyTake by Ebin Joseph
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News