Makeathon winners will develop accessibility solutions for persons with disabilities
December 25, 2017
The Enable Makeathon -EM has selected six finalists who will now compete with each other. The International Committee of the Red Cross - ICRC has announced this New Delhi.
The winner team of the Makeathon will get the opportunity to develop accessibility solutions for persons with disabilities.
The aim of the makethon is to encourage young creators to come up with affordable solutions to help the people with disabilities in the challenges they face.
The teams will focus on the needs of people with disabilities who live in the remote parts and have less access to technology.
Teams are innovating accessibility solutions
The teams are currently busy in coming up with unique ideas as per the Enable Makeathon challenges in various fields.
Some of the innovations made so far include making tourism more accessible, a low-cost version of an encyclopedia for deaf people, an application that supports pregnancy checkup for the visually impaired.
The finale of the competition will be held on 6 Feb.
The winning team will get the chance for a yar long training program to improve their skills.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 20, 2019 Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Accessibility March 19, 2019 Rising Star Tours & Travels is helping visually impaired people experience the magic of new places
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Kerala youngster Vijesh Vijayan wins battle for justice in Kerala High Court
- Accessibility March 25, 2019 PGIMER Chandigarh agrees to implement RPWD Act in 2019 prospectus for postgraduate medical students
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Trailer of biopic PM Narendra Modi gets over one million views
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News