Makeathon winners will develop accessibility solutions for persons with disabilities
December 25, 2017
The Enable Makeathon -EM has selected six finalists who will now compete with each other. The International Committee of the Red Cross - ICRC has announced this New Delhi.
The winner team of the Makeathon will get the opportunity to develop accessibility solutions for persons with disabilities.
The aim of the makethon is to encourage young creators to come up with affordable solutions to help the people with disabilities in the challenges they face.
The teams will focus on the needs of people with disabilities who live in the remote parts and have less access to technology.
Teams are innovating accessibility solutions
The teams are currently busy in coming up with unique ideas as per the Enable Makeathon challenges in various fields.
Some of the innovations made so far include making tourism more accessible, a low-cost version of an encyclopedia for deaf people, an application that supports pregnancy checkup for the visually impaired.
The finale of the competition will be held on 6 Feb.
The winning team will get the chance for a yar long training program to improve their skills.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 26, 2019 PM Modi biopic earns 3 crore
- Headlines May 26, 2019 #SidhuQuitPolitics trends on social media
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News