Children who inspired us in 2017
Though the month of November, we ran a campaign celebrating the many ways in which children are special, and as 2017 comes to an end, we thought it befitting to read about these wonderful children that show us how with the right support and encouragement, they can truly flower.
Deepika, whose quiet demeanour cloaks some stunning karate moves. Shehzeen, who at 18, has set goals that will leave you awed. Computer didi Neha from Ludhiana teaches computer skills to disabled kids.
Aamir's pictures of nature show his keen sense of observation and patience. While the rest of the world sleeps, Samyuktha is up every morning at 4 AM for her Carnatic music lessons.Hannah is rocking gospel music - on her YouTube channel. She is 14!
These children are setting the bar high for the rest of us!
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Cyclone hits Andhra Pradesh causing rains, landslides
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Get-hooked December 17, 2018 My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Events December 17, 2018 Dementia Caregivers' Support Group Meet
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Accessibility December 18, 2018 Chennai's largest inclusive children's playground has something unique for everyone
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018