Children who inspired us in 2017
December 26, 2017
Though the month of November, we ran a campaign celebrating the many ways in which children are special, and as 2017 comes to an end, we thought it befitting to read about these wonderful children that show us how with the right support and encouragement, they can truly flower.
Deepika, whose quiet demeanour cloaks some stunning karate moves. Shehzeen, who at 18, has set goals that will leave you awed. Computer didi Neha from Ludhiana teaches computer skills to disabled kids.
Aamir's pictures of nature show his keen sense of observation and patience. While the rest of the world sleeps, Samyuktha is up every morning at 4 AM for her Carnatic music lessons.Hannah is rocking gospel music - on her YouTube channel. She is 14!
These children are setting the bar high for the rest of us!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News