India’s’ top wheelchair tennis player for 2017 is Shekar Veeraswamy
December 26, 2017
Shekar Veeraswamy is the top wheelchair tennis player in India currently.
Despite being an excellent player, Veeraswamy lives in a one room shack with his parents.
His father works as a daily wage labourer, and his mother is a housewife.
Due to lack of finances, Shekar was not able to get his education. He started working in a in a shop that polished silver lamps at the age of 10 years.
He went with a friend to the KSLTA stadium to join as a tennis ball boy and took an instant liking to the sport.
He started getting involved in the game and soon became an assistant to the coach.
When everything was getting better, he met with the accident after which his left leg was amputated.
In 2010, Shekar started wheelchair tennis practice and soon got the hang of it.
He has faced numerous challenges in life since then but does not want to give up ever.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Dhoni clocks highest ever IPL score
- Get-hooked April 25, 2019 Demand rises for portrayal of autism in Indian movies with sensitization
- Events April 24, 2019 Summer Camp 2019
- Headlines April 25, 2019 Death toll in Lanka attacks rises, more arrests
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Sri Lanka declares emergency, Islamist group identified
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Delhi-based Coloured Zebra uses theatre for holistic growth
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News