India’s’ top wheelchair tennis player for 2017 is Shekar Veeraswamy
December 26, 2017
Shekar Veeraswamy is the top wheelchair tennis player in India currently.
Despite being an excellent player, Veeraswamy lives in a one room shack with his parents.
His father works as a daily wage labourer, and his mother is a housewife.
Due to lack of finances, Shekar was not able to get his education. He started working in a in a shop that polished silver lamps at the age of 10 years.
He went with a friend to the KSLTA stadium to join as a tennis ball boy and took an instant liking to the sport.
He started getting involved in the game and soon became an assistant to the coach.
When everything was getting better, he met with the accident after which his left leg was amputated.
In 2010, Shekar started wheelchair tennis practice and soon got the hang of it.
He has faced numerous challenges in life since then but does not want to give up ever.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News