55 KM Walk for UMMEED in Goa
A walk to raise awareness about developmental disabilities and support Ummeed's work with children and families.
During this annual event held every January, walkers walk upto 55 km in the course of one day.
The day starts at around 5.30 am while the stars are still shining. This first part of the walk is towards the northern end of the beach and back.
This is followed by a lunch-break and some relaxation, after which walkers head towards the southern tip and back.
This latter portion is often to the accompaniment of a glorious sunset, a nice breeze, and pleasant temperatures.
Shorter walk options (15 and 30 km) are also available.
Walkers can use this opportunity to reach out to their friends, family and acquaintances to donate funds to Ummeed in support of their participation in the walk.
- Starts on: Saturday, 13 Jan 2018 at 05:30 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 13 Jan 2018 at 09:00 PM
- City: Goa
- Location: South Goa Coastline
- Event Charges: Paid
- Wheelchair Accessible: No
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: No
- Organizer Name: Ummeed
- Organizer Phone: 09920425710
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http:// http://ummeed.org/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News