55 KM Walk for UMMEED in Goa
A walk to raise awareness about developmental disabilities and support Ummeed's work with children and families.
During this annual event held every January, walkers walk upto 55 km in the course of one day.
The day starts at around 5.30 am while the stars are still shining. This first part of the walk is towards the northern end of the beach and back.
This is followed by a lunch-break and some relaxation, after which walkers head towards the southern tip and back.
This latter portion is often to the accompaniment of a glorious sunset, a nice breeze, and pleasant temperatures.
Shorter walk options (15 and 30 km) are also available.
Walkers can use this opportunity to reach out to their friends, family and acquaintances to donate funds to Ummeed in support of their participation in the walk.
- Starts on: Saturday, 13 Jan 2018 at 05:30 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 13 Jan 2018 at 09:00 PM
- City: Goa
- Location: South Goa Coastline
- Event Charges: Paid
- Wheelchair Accessible: No
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: No
- Organizer Name: Ummeed
- Organizer Phone: 09920425710
- Organizer Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: http:// http://ummeed.org/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News