55 KM Walk for UMMEED in Goa
A walk to raise awareness about developmental disabilities and support Ummeed's work with children and families.
During this annual event held every January, walkers walk upto 55 km in the course of one day.
The day starts at around 5.30 am while the stars are still shining. This first part of the walk is towards the northern end of the beach and back.
This is followed by a lunch-break and some relaxation, after which walkers head towards the southern tip and back.
This latter portion is often to the accompaniment of a glorious sunset, a nice breeze, and pleasant temperatures.
Shorter walk options (15 and 30 km) are also available.
Walkers can use this opportunity to reach out to their friends, family and acquaintances to donate funds to Ummeed in support of their participation in the walk.
- Starts on: Saturday, 13 Jan 2018 at 05:30 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 13 Jan 2018 at 09:00 PM
- City: Goa
- Location: South Goa Coastline
- Event Charges: Paid
- Wheelchair Accessible: No
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: No
- Organizer Name: Ummeed
- Organizer Phone: 09920425710
- Organizer Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: http:// http://ummeed.org/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019