#NoMoreBarriers Movement – Let’s be a voice for everyone!
2018: New Year, New Hope: Together we can make a change!
People with disabilities include a diverse group of people with a wide range of needs. More than simply encouraging people with disabilities to participate it is essential to ensure that adequate policies and accommodations are in effect to promote their inclusion in the society.
There are over one billion disabled people in the world. 90-100 million are in India alone. Yet the disabled people in India continue to be excluded.
The Accessible India campaign and RPWD 2016 have brought some changes, yet access to basic amenities that the rest of us take for granted, as a right, remains a distant dream for our disabled population.
This includes access to public transport, school and college education, watching a movie in a theatre, shopping or going to a restaurant etc. Inclusion means every person has the same opportunities to participate in every aspect of life to the best of their abilities.
With or without disability – You have the power and responsibility to make the society inclusive.
Join the #NoMoreBarriers Movement – A NewzHook initiative towards inclusion.
Mention 3 things that you would like to see inclusive this year! Tag 3 of your friends to do the same. Let’s form a chain that helps bind us together to push for Inclusion.
Let's be a voice for everyone!
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Top world celebs at Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding festivities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018