#NoMoreBarriers Movement – Let’s be a voice for everyone!
2018: New Year, New Hope: Together we can make a change!
People with disabilities include a diverse group of people with a wide range of needs. More than simply encouraging people with disabilities to participate it is essential to ensure that adequate policies and accommodations are in effect to promote their inclusion in the society.
There are over one billion disabled people in the world. 90-100 million are in India alone. Yet the disabled people in India continue to be excluded.
The Accessible India campaign and RPWD 2016 have brought some changes, yet access to basic amenities that the rest of us take for granted, as a right, remains a distant dream for our disabled population.
This includes access to public transport, school and college education, watching a movie in a theatre, shopping or going to a restaurant etc. Inclusion means every person has the same opportunities to participate in every aspect of life to the best of their abilities.
With or without disability – You have the power and responsibility to make the society inclusive.
Join the #NoMoreBarriers Movement – A NewzHook initiative towards inclusion.
Mention 3 things that you would like to see inclusive this year! Tag 3 of your friends to do the same. Let’s form a chain that helps bind us together to push for Inclusion.
Let's be a voice for everyone!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Saudi Arabia Crown in India to strengthen ties
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019