#NoMoreBarriers Movement – Let’s be a voice for everyone!
2018: New Year, New Hope: Together we can make a change!
People with disabilities include a diverse group of people with a wide range of needs. More than simply encouraging people with disabilities to participate it is essential to ensure that adequate policies and accommodations are in effect to promote their inclusion in the society.
There are over one billion disabled people in the world. 90-100 million are in India alone. Yet the disabled people in India continue to be excluded.
The Accessible India campaign and RPWD 2016 have brought some changes, yet access to basic amenities that the rest of us take for granted, as a right, remains a distant dream for our disabled population.
This includes access to public transport, school and college education, watching a movie in a theatre, shopping or going to a restaurant etc. Inclusion means every person has the same opportunities to participate in every aspect of life to the best of their abilities.
With or without disability – You have the power and responsibility to make the society inclusive.
Join the #NoMoreBarriers Movement – A NewzHook initiative towards inclusion.
Mention 3 things that you would like to see inclusive this year! Tag 3 of your friends to do the same. Let’s form a chain that helps bind us together to push for Inclusion.
Let's be a voice for everyone!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events October 17, 2018 NAB Presents Interactive Meeting with a Global Leader in Accessibility
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
- Parasports October 22, 2018 Mandvi Garg battled depression, vision loss to come back as a champion trekker
- Events October 21, 2018 Diwali Mela 2018
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Headlines October 16, 2018 Over 70 cases of Zika virus reported in Rajasthan
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News