#NoMoreBarriers Movement – Let’s be a voice for everyone!
January 2, 2018
2018: New Year, New Hope: Together we can make a change!
People with disabilities include a diverse group of people with a wide range of needs. More than simply encouraging people with disabilities to participate it is essential to ensure that adequate policies and accommodations are in effect to promote their inclusion in the society.
There are over one billion disabled people in the world. 90-100 million are in India alone. Yet the disabled people in India continue to be excluded.
The Accessible India campaign and RPWD 2016 have brought some changes, yet access to basic amenities that the rest of us take for granted, as a right, remains a distant dream for our disabled population.
This includes access to public transport, school and college education, watching a movie in a theatre, shopping or going to a restaurant etc. Inclusion means every person has the same opportunities to participate in every aspect of life to the best of their abilities.
With or without disability - You have the power and responsibility to make the society inclusive.
Join the #NoMoreBarriers Movement - A NewzHook initiative towards inclusion.
Mention 3 things that you would like to see inclusive this year! Tag 3 of your friends to do the same. Let's form a chain that helps bind us together to push for Inclusion.
Let's be a voice for everyone!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News