#NoMoreBarriers Movement – Let’s be a voice for everyone!
January 2, 2018
2018: New Year, New Hope: Together we can make a change!
People with disabilities include a diverse group of people with a wide range of needs. More than simply encouraging people with disabilities to participate it is essential to ensure that adequate policies and accommodations are in effect to promote their inclusion in the society.
There are over one billion disabled people in the world. 90-100 million are in India alone. Yet the disabled people in India continue to be excluded.
The Accessible India campaign and RPWD 2016 have brought some changes, yet access to basic amenities that the rest of us take for granted, as a right, remains a distant dream for our disabled population.
This includes access to public transport, school and college education, watching a movie in a theatre, shopping or going to a restaurant etc. Inclusion means every person has the same opportunities to participate in every aspect of life to the best of their abilities.
With or without disability - You have the power and responsibility to make the society inclusive.
Join the #NoMoreBarriers Movement - A NewzHook initiative towards inclusion.
Mention 3 things that you would like to see inclusive this year! Tag 3 of your friends to do the same. Let's form a chain that helps bind us together to push for Inclusion.
Let's be a voice for everyone!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News