Top 5 Film Reviews in Sign Language- 2017
December 31, 2017
No end-of-the-year review can be complete without a feature on our Top 5 film reviews in sign language, something that we here are NewzHook are truly proud of launching. Our team of sign language reporters Shalaka Pol and Arti Umrotkar were busy at work reviewing the new releases and bringing their perspectives.
So here is the Top 5 list of 2017 based on both box office performances and story appeal.
Wonder Woman, the American superhero film, was definitely among the most awaited films of the year, especially because it had a woman holding centre-stage. The film was also a first for having a woman director at the helm.
2017 was a year that was dominated by animated action films and Despicable Me 3 with its tales of Gru and his band of minions held sway yet again.
Aamir Khan came up with yet another winner Secret Superstar, his end of the year offering that proved both a commercial and critical hit. What clinched the vote for us was a special screening for deaf audiences - definitely a move that other filmmakers should watch and learn!
Hindi Medium, starring Irrfan Khan, won both hearts, minds and awards with its simple and moving story of how parents in India struggle to get their kids into good schools.
And finally The Boss Baby , an animated film about a baby who is also a secret agent.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Court order paves way for woman without fingerprints to get Aadhaar card
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News