Amputee mountaineer Arunima Sinha finds a place in Sachin's book of inspiring sportspersons
December 30, 2017
Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar has put together a small book of biographies of 21 Indian sportspersons. He hopes they will be a part of school textbooks to build a stronger sporting culture.
Tendulkar's booklet is called Unforgettable Sporting Heroes and Legends of India and includes hockey legends Dhyan Chand and Leslie Claudius, wrestler Anita Sheoran, boxer Mary Kom, and shuttler Prakash Padukone among others.
The ex-cricketer handed the copies to Vice President Venkaiah Naidu and Human Resources Development Minister Prakash Javedekar after his first address as a Member of Parliament in the Rajya Sabha.
Recently Tendulkar took to social media to urge India to transform into a sport-playing nation from a from a sport-loving nation.
"You must inculcate a culture of sport to achieve the ultimate goal of becoming a sport-playing country rather than a sport loving one." - Sachin Tendulkar
India's first amputee mountaineet Arunima Sinha is also in the booklet, along with PT Usha, Bishan Singh Bedi, EAS Prasanna, BS Chandrashekhar, Anju Bobby George, Anjali Bhagawat, Rajyavardhan Rathore, to name a few.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Events April 11, 2019 Melon Se Milan 3.0
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Headlines April 11, 2019 IPL 2019 - MI Vs KXIP
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News