Amputee mountaineer Arunima Sinha finds a place in Sachin's book of inspiring sportspersons
Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar has put together a small book of biographies of 21 Indian sportspersons. He hopes they will be a part of school textbooks to build a stronger sporting culture.
Tendulkar's booklet is called Unforgettable Sporting Heroes and Legends of India and includes hockey legends Dhyan Chand and Leslie Claudius, wrestler Anita Sheoran, boxer Mary Kom, and shuttler Prakash Padukone among others.
The ex-cricketer handed the copies to Vice President Venkaiah Naidu and Human Resources Development Minister Prakash Javedekar after his first address as a Member of Parliament in the Rajya Sabha.
Recently Tendulkar took to social media to urge India to transform into a sport-playing nation from a from a sport-loving nation.
“You must inculcate a culture of sport to achieve the ultimate goal of becoming a sport-playing country rather than a sport loving one.” - Sachin Tendulkar
India's first amputee mountaineet Arunima Sinha is also in the booklet, along with PT Usha, Bishan Singh Bedi, EAS Prasanna, BS Chandrashekhar, Anju Bobby George, Anjali Bhagawat, Rajyavardhan Rathore, to name a few.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 What makes them Disability Heroes - World Disability Day Special
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News