Amputee mountaineer Arunima Sinha finds a place in Sachin's book of inspiring sportspersons
Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar has put together a small book of biographies of 21 Indian sportspersons. He hopes they will be a part of school textbooks to build a stronger sporting culture.
Tendulkar's booklet is called Unforgettable Sporting Heroes and Legends of India and includes hockey legends Dhyan Chand and Leslie Claudius, wrestler Anita Sheoran, boxer Mary Kom, and shuttler Prakash Padukone among others.
The ex-cricketer handed the copies to Vice President Venkaiah Naidu and Human Resources Development Minister Prakash Javedekar after his first address as a Member of Parliament in the Rajya Sabha.
Recently Tendulkar took to social media to urge India to transform into a sport-playing nation from a from a sport-loving nation.
“You must inculcate a culture of sport to achieve the ultimate goal of becoming a sport-playing country rather than a sport loving one.” - Sachin Tendulkar
India's first amputee mountaineet Arunima Sinha is also in the booklet, along with PT Usha, Bishan Singh Bedi, EAS Prasanna, BS Chandrashekhar, Anju Bobby George, Anjali Bhagawat, Rajyavardhan Rathore, to name a few.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Goa Governor’s comment about blind people raises hackles
- Technology October 17, 2018 DALI, India's 1st regional language dyslexia screening tool, is now available as an app
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Check out these reasons to not miss out on Dandiya this Navratri
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Accessibility October 14, 2018 This disabled girl from Kerala is fighting roadblocks to get a driver’s license
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News