Top 5 Inspiring stories of 2017
2017 was a year of change and new initiatives for the disabled in India. NewzHook showcased the story of inspiring people with disabilities who are living their lives to the fullest and stay strong in the face of challenges. Here are the Top 5 Inspiring stories of achievers who stood out in 2017.
Blind swimmer Kanchanmala Pande
Kanchanmala went on to win the gold medal at the World Para-Swimming Championships despite facing financial difficulties and lack of support.
Student with multiple disabilitiesSaurabh Chougule of Mumbai with hearing, speech and visual impairments, appeared for his class 10 exams this year for the first time.
Disabled girl denied temple entry17-year-old Sarita Keskar, was not allowed to enter a Goa temple for using a wheelchair. This lead to voices being raised against discrimination and petitions were started demanding inclusion.
Journalist H RamakrishnanRamakrishnan is multitalented person with disability and has proved that being disabled cannot be a hurdle if you have the will to move on.
Teacher Jitendra Mane
A teacher with disability who is tirelessly spreading the light of knowledge in rural Maharashtra.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Education December 18, 2018 Disabled students in West Bengal cheer move to reserve 5% seats in higher education
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Events December 17, 2018 Hindi play to raise funds for Disabled Children
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018