Top 5 Inspiring stories of 2017
December 31, 2017
2017 was a year of change and new initiatives for the disabled in India. NewzHook showcased the story of inspiring people with disabilities who are living their lives to the fullest and stay strong in the face of challenges. Here are the Top 5 Inspiring stories of achievers who stood out in 2017.
Blind swimmer Kanchanmala Pande
Kanchanmala went on to win the gold medal at the World Para-Swimming Championships despite facing financial difficulties and lack of support.
Student with multiple disabilitiesSaurabh Chougule of Mumbai with hearing, speech and visual impairments, appeared for his class 10 exams this year for the first time.
Disabled girl denied temple entry17-year-old Sarita Keskar, was not allowed to enter a Goa temple for using a wheelchair. This lead to voices being raised against discrimination and petitions were started demanding inclusion.
Journalist H RamakrishnanRamakrishnan is multitalented person with disability and has proved that being disabled cannot be a hurdle if you have the will to move on.
Teacher Jitendra Mane
A teacher with disability who is tirelessly spreading the light of knowledge in rural Maharashtra.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News