Top 5 Inspiring stories of 2017
2017 was a year of change and new initiatives for the disabled in India. NewzHook showcased the story of inspiring people with disabilities who are living their lives to the fullest and stay strong in the face of challenges. Here are the Top 5 Inspiring stories of achievers who stood out in 2017.
Blind swimmer Kanchanmala Pande
Kanchanmala went on to win the gold medal at the World Para-Swimming Championships despite facing financial difficulties and lack of support.
Student with multiple disabilitiesSaurabh Chougule of Mumbai with hearing, speech and visual impairments, appeared for his class 10 exams this year for the first time.
Disabled girl denied temple entry17-year-old Sarita Keskar, was not allowed to enter a Goa temple for using a wheelchair. This lead to voices being raised against discrimination and petitions were started demanding inclusion.
Journalist H RamakrishnanRamakrishnan is multitalented person with disability and has proved that being disabled cannot be a hurdle if you have the will to move on.
Teacher Jitendra Mane
A teacher with disability who is tirelessly spreading the light of knowledge in rural Maharashtra.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019