Rajasthan to distribute smartphones to people with disabilities
Rajasthan is set to become the second state in India to distribute smartphones to people with disabilities. These smartphones are specially designed for blind and those suffering from low vision.
Using technology to make life easier for the disabled
The Department of Social Justice and Welfare will bear part of the cost of Rs 10,000 while the rest, Rs 2,000, will be paid for by the Central government.
The move is intended to make day-to-day life easier for people with disabilities with the help of technological interventions.
Himachal Pradesh is the first state in the country to have distributed these phones to 2,000 people with disabilities.
Rajasthan has a total blind population of 35,000, according to official data.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Headlines December 18, 2018 New Madhya Pradesh CM waives off farmers' loan after taking charge
- Events December 17, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 10, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018