Rajasthan to distribute smartphones to people with disabilities
December 31, 2017
Rajasthan is set to become the second state in India to distribute smartphones to people with disabilities. These smartphones are specially designed for blind and those suffering from low vision.
Using technology to make life easier for the disabled
The Department of Social Justice and Welfare will bear part of the cost of Rs 10,000 while the rest, Rs 2,000, will be paid for by the Central government.
The move is intended to make day-to-day life easier for people with disabilities with the help of technological interventions.
Himachal Pradesh is the first state in the country to have distributed these phones to 2,000 people with disabilities.
Rajasthan has a total blind population of 35,000, according to official data.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News