Rajasthan to distribute smartphones to people with disabilities
December 31, 2017
Rajasthan is set to become the second state in India to distribute smartphones to people with disabilities. These smartphones are specially designed for blind and those suffering from low vision.
Using technology to make life easier for the disabled
The Department of Social Justice and Welfare will bear part of the cost of Rs 10,000 while the rest, Rs 2,000, will be paid for by the Central government.
The move is intended to make day-to-day life easier for people with disabilities with the help of technological interventions.
Himachal Pradesh is the first state in the country to have distributed these phones to 2,000 people with disabilities.
Rajasthan has a total blind population of 35,000, according to official data.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News