This website shows you the reality of reading with dyslexia
It is hard to fully understand what someone is going trough until you experience their situation yourself. A new website aims to do just that. It puts the reader in the place of someone who suffers from dyslexia so that they can understand how difficult it can be for a person with this learning disability to read and write.
Dyslexia makes words and letters appear jumbled
Dyslexia is one of the most common learning disabilities and the website can be a useful way to understand the disorder.
Signs of Dyslexia
The signs of dyslexia shows up in different ways for everyone but it is usually linked to difficulties in reading or writing due to problems identifying speech sounds. It does not affect general intelligence, but it can be hard to interpret letters or symbols, as it affects how the brain processes reading and language.
The website recreates the effort of reading a paragraph with the condition. it shows how the disability can make words and letters appear to jump around extremely quickly, making it almost impossible to read.
Click here to see how it works - https://geon.github.io/programming/2016/03/03/dsxyliea
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility October 15, 2018 Lucknow zoo becomes blind-friendly, an India first
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 Government announces scholarships for students with disabilities
- Get-hooked October 14, 2018 Visually impaired girls perfomed garba on song written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Abhyan Centre steps in to lend a hand to disabled teenagers
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News