This website shows you the reality of reading with dyslexia
January 1, 2018
It is hard to fully understand what someone is going trough until you experience their situation yourself. A new website aims to do just that. It puts the reader in the place of someone who suffers from dyslexia so that they can understand how difficult it can be for a person with this learning disability to read and write.
Dyslexia makes words and letters appear jumbled
Dyslexia is one of the most common learning disabilities and the website can be a useful way to understand the disorder.
Signs of Dyslexia
The signs of dyslexia shows up in different ways for everyone but it is usually linked to difficulties in reading or writing due to problems identifying speech sounds. It does not affect general intelligence, but it can be hard to interpret letters or symbols, as it affects how the brain processes reading and language.
The website recreates the effort of reading a paragraph with the condition. it shows how the disability can make words and letters appear to jump around extremely quickly, making it almost impossible to read.
Click here to see how it works - https://geon.github.io/programming/2016/03/03/dsxyliea
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Events April 11, 2019 Mock Interview for Persons with Disabilities
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Education April 11, 2019 Chandigarh takes baby steps towards inclusion with new education policy
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News