This website shows you the reality of reading with dyslexia
January 1, 2018
It is hard to fully understand what someone is going trough until you experience their situation yourself. A new website aims to do just that. It puts the reader in the place of someone who suffers from dyslexia so that they can understand how difficult it can be for a person with this learning disability to read and write.
Dyslexia makes words and letters appear jumbled
Dyslexia is one of the most common learning disabilities and the website can be a useful way to understand the disorder.
Signs of Dyslexia
The signs of dyslexia shows up in different ways for everyone but it is usually linked to difficulties in reading or writing due to problems identifying speech sounds. It does not affect general intelligence, but it can be hard to interpret letters or symbols, as it affects how the brain processes reading and language.
The website recreates the effort of reading a paragraph with the condition. it shows how the disability can make words and letters appear to jump around extremely quickly, making it almost impossible to read.
Click here to see how it works - https://geon.github.io/programming/2016/03/03/dsxyliea
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
- Events July 16, 2019 Living Well with Epilepsy: An Interactive Session
- Education July 18, 2019 Mumbai's Wilson College shows the path to inclusion with new faculty member Payal Bhattad
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News