This website shows you the reality of reading with dyslexia
It is hard to fully understand what someone is going trough until you experience their situation yourself. A new website aims to do just that. It puts the reader in the place of someone who suffers from dyslexia so that they can understand how difficult it can be for a person with this learning disability to read and write.
Dyslexia makes words and letters appear jumbled
Dyslexia is one of the most common learning disabilities and the website can be a useful way to understand the disorder.
Signs of Dyslexia
The signs of dyslexia shows up in different ways for everyone but it is usually linked to difficulties in reading or writing due to problems identifying speech sounds. It does not affect general intelligence, but it can be hard to interpret letters or symbols, as it affects how the brain processes reading and language.
The website recreates the effort of reading a paragraph with the condition. it shows how the disability can make words and letters appear to jump around extremely quickly, making it almost impossible to read.
Click here to see how it works - https://geon.github.io/programming/2016/03/03/dsxyliea
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019