Foods that are good for Tuberculosis patients
Tuberculosis or TB is an infectious disease and can even cause death if not treated properly.
TB patients need to take care of their diet and medication to heal and recover.
Some foods are more beneficial for TB patients.
- Nutritious food with a more calories are good for TB patients as it helps recover the lost weight and also prevent further weight loss. Banana, cereal porridge, peanut chikki, wheat and ragi are beneficial for TB patients.
- Fruits and vegetables like orange, mango, sweet pumpkin and carrots, guava, amla, tomato, nuts and seeds are an excellent source of Vitamin A, C and E. These should be eaten every day by Tuberculosis patients.
- Foods that are rich in protein are advisable for TB patients. Eggs, paneer and soya are good source of protein.
- B Complex Vitamin rich foods like whole grain cereals, nuts, seeds, fish and chicken.
- Food Rich in Zinc is healthy for Tb patients. Nuts and seeds like sunflower seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and flaxseeds contain Zinc.