Visually impaired Kathak dancer is an inspiration
January 3, 2018
27 year old Rahul Raj lives in Chengannur, Kerala and is visually impaired dancer.
He has won the title of Kalaprathibha in District Keralolsavam for the fourth time.
He is a determined man and has not let his loss of vision come in the way of his dreams.
Rahul was hit in one eye by a cricket ball when he was in class 8 that led to vision loss in one eye.
Soon his other eye was also infected and he can barely see out of it now.
Due to financial issues, better treatment was not an option available to him and he also had to give up his education.
However, he has proved his talent in the art of Kathak, mono act, mimicry, mappilapattu and folk songs.
He is currently doing a diploma in Kathak in the Palakkad centre of Chhattisgarh University.
He takes active part in you the festivals and also teaches others as well.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Court order paves way for woman without fingerprints to get Aadhaar card
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News