Visually impaired Kathak dancer is an inspiration
January 3, 2018
27 year old Rahul Raj lives in Chengannur, Kerala and is visually impaired dancer.
He has won the title of Kalaprathibha in District Keralolsavam for the fourth time.
He is a determined man and has not let his loss of vision come in the way of his dreams.
Rahul was hit in one eye by a cricket ball when he was in class 8 that led to vision loss in one eye.
Soon his other eye was also infected and he can barely see out of it now.
Due to financial issues, better treatment was not an option available to him and he also had to give up his education.
However, he has proved his talent in the art of Kathak, mono act, mimicry, mappilapattu and folk songs.
He is currently doing a diploma in Kathak in the Palakkad centre of Chhattisgarh University.
He takes active part in you the festivals and also teaches others as well.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News