Visually impaired Kathak dancer is an inspiration
27 year old Rahul Raj lives in Chengannur, Kerala and is visually impaired dancer.
He has won the title of Kalaprathibha in District Keralolsavam for the fourth time.
He is a determined man and has not let his loss of vision come in the way of his dreams.
Rahul was hit in one eye by a cricket ball when he was in class 8 that led to vision loss in one eye.
Soon his other eye was also infected and he can barely see out of it now.
Due to financial issues, better treatment was not an option available to him and he also had to give up his education.
However, he has proved his talent in the art of Kathak, mono act, mimicry, mappilapattu and folk songs.
He is currently doing a diploma in Kathak in the Palakkad centre of Chhattisgarh University.
He takes active part in you the festivals and also teaches others as well.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News