Visually impaired Kathak dancer is an inspiration
27 year old Rahul Raj lives in Chengannur, Kerala and is visually impaired dancer.
He has won the title of Kalaprathibha in District Keralolsavam for the fourth time.
He is a determined man and has not let his loss of vision come in the way of his dreams.
Rahul was hit in one eye by a cricket ball when he was in class 8 that led to vision loss in one eye.
Soon his other eye was also infected and he can barely see out of it now.
Due to financial issues, better treatment was not an option available to him and he also had to give up his education.
However, he has proved his talent in the art of Kathak, mono act, mimicry, mappilapattu and folk songs.
He is currently doing a diploma in Kathak in the Palakkad centre of Chhattisgarh University.
He takes active part in you the festivals and also teaches others as well.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Priyanka to get married in Jodhpur, preparations are on
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Kerala shutdowns as Sabarimala open for ‘Mandala Kalam’
- Headlines November 16, 2018 South African President to be Republic Day chief guest
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Prime Minister Modi launches projects over ₹2,400 crore in Varanasi
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO leaves a good message to society
- Events November 15, 2018 BGFI's Accessible Tour to Mumbai Dockyard
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Women's World T20 - India on top of Group B after beating Australia
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 14, 2018
Get-hooked November 20, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018