BPOs, hotels are hiring disabled candidates as employees
Chandigarh region has been making progress in giving more and more employment to people with disabilities.
In the last three years, more than 50% of the companies in the region have started hiring disabled people.
This is being done through centre for disabled in National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR), Chandigarh.
NITTR is running a special course for the people with disabilities.
Infact now the hospitality Industries and BPOs are also coming forward and hirirng disabled people.
Three courses for the disabled persons are being run in NITTTR campus with the joint efforts of NITTTR, Sarthak NGO and Tech Mahindera.
Campus placement drives take place every 4 months
Companies come to the campus every 4 months and conduct campus placement drives and candidates are given jobs.
The maximum package offered to any disabled person is Rs 25,000 per month so far.
People with different disabilities are getting the opportunity to become independent.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News