BPOs, hotels are hiring disabled candidates as employees
January 2, 2018
Chandigarh region has been making progress in giving more and more employment to people with disabilities.
In the last three years, more than 50% of the companies in the region have started hiring disabled people.
This is being done through centre for disabled in National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR), Chandigarh.
NITTR is running a special course for the people with disabilities.
Infact now the hospitality Industries and BPOs are also coming forward and hirirng disabled people.
Three courses for the disabled persons are being run in NITTTR campus with the joint efforts of NITTTR, Sarthak NGO and Tech Mahindera.
Campus placement drives take place every 4 months
Companies come to the campus every 4 months and conduct campus placement drives and candidates are given jobs.
The maximum package offered to any disabled person is Rs 25,000 per month so far.
People with different disabilities are getting the opportunity to become independent.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Court order paves way for woman without fingerprints to get Aadhaar card
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Sri Lanka declares emergency, Islamist group identified
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News