BPOs, hotels are hiring disabled candidates as employees
January 2, 2018
Chandigarh region has been making progress in giving more and more employment to people with disabilities.
In the last three years, more than 50% of the companies in the region have started hiring disabled people.
This is being done through centre for disabled in National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR), Chandigarh.
NITTR is running a special course for the people with disabilities.
Infact now the hospitality Industries and BPOs are also coming forward and hirirng disabled people.
Three courses for the disabled persons are being run in NITTTR campus with the joint efforts of NITTTR, Sarthak NGO and Tech Mahindera.
Campus placement drives take place every 4 months
Companies come to the campus every 4 months and conduct campus placement drives and candidates are given jobs.
The maximum package offered to any disabled person is Rs 25,000 per month so far.
People with different disabilities are getting the opportunity to become independent.
Watch in Sign Language
- Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
June 20, 2019
- SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
June 17, 2019
- Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
June 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Events June 26, 2019 Coaching Classes for Visually Impaired Students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events June 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News