Blind students use laptops for examinations in Hyderabad
The Nethra Vidyalaya Education for Blind in Shamshabad, Hyderabad is using modern technology for making lives of blind people better.
The institute was started in 2001 with just 18 visually impaired students and today has more than 1,860 students.
Nethra Vidyalaya Education for Blind is aimed at empowering the blind by bringing them closer to the latest technology and adding it to their skill base.
Laptops used for studies and exams
The institute uses a unique approach to the education of blind people.
The education is completely in English medium, and students of junior and senior college are also provided training on how to use a laptop.
The students complete their study on the personal computers and also use laptops to write their board exams with the aid of scribes.
The Intermediate Board has given the permission for these students to write exam on laptops.
Nethra Vidyalaya is the first institute in the world to provide blind children the opportunity to use a computer without any assistance from others.
The use of computers increases the confidence and self-esteem of the children and makes them capable of facing other challenges.
80% of the outgoing students of the institute have managed to get jobs in government and private sector.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 14, 2018 Industry 4.0 will create jobs, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 High time to bid goodbye to idioms that mock the disabled community
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Sudeep Shukla, India's first deaf MLA candidate looks forward to making history
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education October 20, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News