Chandigarh needs teachers with special training for disabled students, says study
January 3, 2018
A study conducted by the centre for physically challenged persons, National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR), Chandigarh states that teachers of disabled students need specialized training.
The study found that for teachers in Chandigarh who are dealing with the disabled students need a new syllabus and training to meet the needs of the children.
As part of the study a questionnaire was sent out to 195 schools in Chandigarh out of which 22 responded.
It was found that dropout rate among the students with disabilities is more in higher class and less in the lower classes.
The training of the teachers is a must to ensure the proper education and handling of disabled children.
Children with disabilities need to be attended with more patience and a different approach.
Teachers need to be taught about how to deal with children with mental and physical limitations.
The study recommends that different syllabus should be created as per the different disabilities and requirements of the children.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News