Chandigarh needs teachers with special training for disabled students, says study
A study conducted by the centre for physically challenged persons, National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR), Chandigarh states that teachers of disabled students need specialized training.
The study found that for teachers in Chandigarh who are dealing with the disabled students need a new syllabus and training to meet the needs of the children.
As part of the study a questionnaire was sent out to 195 schools in Chandigarh out of which 22 responded.
It was found that dropout rate among the students with disabilities is more in higher class and less in the lower classes.
The training of the teachers is a must to ensure the proper education and handling of disabled children.
Children with disabilities need to be attended with more patience and a different approach.
Teachers need to be taught about how to deal with children with mental and physical limitations.
The study recommends that different syllabus should be created as per the different disabilities and requirements of the children.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Events November 21, 2018 Deaf Stomp 2018
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Inclusive ferry ride outing in Mumbai for visually impaired fun seekers
- Headlines November 20, 2018 Amritsar grenade attack puts Punjab Police on the backfoot
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some driving tips for people with disabilities
- Headlines November 21, 2018 Xiaomi to launch Redmi Note 6 Pro in India this week
- Parasports November 20, 2018 Jharkhand girls stand tall despite loss in first inter-state women’s blind cricket tournament
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018