Chandigarh needs teachers with special training for disabled students, says study
January 3, 2018
A study conducted by the centre for physically challenged persons, National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR), Chandigarh states that teachers of disabled students need specialized training.
The study found that for teachers in Chandigarh who are dealing with the disabled students need a new syllabus and training to meet the needs of the children.
As part of the study a questionnaire was sent out to 195 schools in Chandigarh out of which 22 responded.
It was found that dropout rate among the students with disabilities is more in higher class and less in the lower classes.
The training of the teachers is a must to ensure the proper education and handling of disabled children.
Children with disabilities need to be attended with more patience and a different approach.
Teachers need to be taught about how to deal with children with mental and physical limitations.
The study recommends that different syllabus should be created as per the different disabilities and requirements of the children.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News