Chandigarh needs teachers with special training for disabled students, says study
A study conducted by the centre for physically challenged persons, National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR), Chandigarh states that teachers of disabled students need specialized training.
The study found that for teachers in Chandigarh who are dealing with the disabled students need a new syllabus and training to meet the needs of the children.
As part of the study a questionnaire was sent out to 195 schools in Chandigarh out of which 22 responded.
It was found that dropout rate among the students with disabilities is more in higher class and less in the lower classes.
The training of the teachers is a must to ensure the proper education and handling of disabled children.
Children with disabilities need to be attended with more patience and a different approach.
Teachers need to be taught about how to deal with children with mental and physical limitations.
The study recommends that different syllabus should be created as per the different disabilities and requirements of the children.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News