This young girl is creating art works to raise funds for the blind
She is just 11 years old and Shayna Vidyanand is determined to make a difference to the lives of the underprivileged. This young Indian-American artist recently took the first step in this direction when she raised US$4,350 through the sale of her paintings to help provide vision to the poor.
Shayna's initiative is called Making Colours Matter
She donated the funds to Sankara Eye Foundation, which will use them towards 150 eye operations in rural India. This is her first private exhibit in the initiative, Making Colors Matter, with which she plans to help more and more people with her art.
Vidyanand, who is fluent in Kannada, Tamil and English, started painting only a year ago. She is inspired by her exposure to a wide range of world cultures and her diverse surroundings.
She studies various forms of art from many teachers, painting oil on canvas, acrylic on canvas and has recently started sketching with pencils. She likes to experiment with colours in her paintings.
Vidyanand's initiative is in honour of her great grandmother who progressively lost her sight.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 16, 2018 School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
- Headlines November 21, 2018 Delhi air quality still poor, authorities consider artificial rain
- Events November 20, 2018 Basic Computer Training Program for Children & Adults with Special Needs
- Headlines November 16, 2018 South African President to be Republic Day chief guest
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Multiple Disabilities
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 It is never the end unless you believe it to be - My Take by Thasveer Muhammed, model, actor & motivational speaker
- Parasports November 20, 2018 Divyaang Myithri Sports Academy’s wheelchair cricket camp is a success
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News