Disabled youth in Punjab town to manage state government meal program
The district administration in Ropar, Punjab, has decided to enrol disabled youth to run Apni Rasoi. This is a state-government project that provides meals to the poor at affordable rates.
Apni Rasoi is a government scheme that gives subsidised meals to poor
The administration says this is a step towards making disabled youth independent. About 10 students from a school in the town will be given charge of cooking meals in Apni Rasoi and they will be paid according to government rules.
The students chosen have experience cooking meals for hostel residents in the school. Right now Apni Rasoi serves about 400 meals every day at Rs 10 per plate to poor. An automatic machine will also be set up to prepare chapatis in the kitchen.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Events February 21, 2019 Free Medical Camp
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019