Disabled youth in Punjab town to manage state government meal program
The district administration in Ropar, Punjab, has decided to enrol disabled youth to run Apni Rasoi. This is a state-government project that provides meals to the poor at affordable rates.
Apni Rasoi is a government scheme that gives subsidised meals to poor
The administration says this is a step towards making disabled youth independent. About 10 students from a school in the town will be given charge of cooking meals in Apni Rasoi and they will be paid according to government rules.
The students chosen have experience cooking meals for hostel residents in the school. Right now Apni Rasoi serves about 400 meals every day at Rs 10 per plate to poor. An automatic machine will also be set up to prepare chapatis in the kitchen.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 What makes them Disability Heroes - World Disability Day Special
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje accuses opposition leader of body-shaming
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Priyanka Chopra article taken down after angry reactions on social media
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Employment December 6, 2018 Aarambh brings opportunities to disabled women, to train & to work
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News