Disabled youth in Punjab town to manage state government meal program
January 4, 2018
The district administration in Ropar, Punjab, has decided to enrol disabled youth to run Apni Rasoi. This is a state-government project that provides meals to the poor at affordable rates.
Apni Rasoi is a government scheme that gives subsidised meals to poor
The administration says this is a step towards making disabled youth independent. About 10 students from a school in the town will be given charge of cooking meals in Apni Rasoi and they will be paid according to government rules.
The students chosen have experience cooking meals for hostel residents in the school. Right now Apni Rasoi serves about 400 meals every day at Rs 10 per plate to poor. An automatic machine will also be set up to prepare chapatis in the kitchen.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News