Engineers in Iran develop tech for stair climbing wheelchairs
January 4, 2018
A group of engineers from Iran have created a technology that can be used to make electronic stair climbing wheelchairs and electric hand-cycles.
The wheelchairs are fitted with a rechargeable battery and seat belt. The wheelchairs can carry a maximum weight of 100 kg.
The design has been made to climb up stars that are a maximum height of 22 cm and the speed of climb is 15 stairs per minute.
The stair climbing wheelchair can make it extremely easy for wheelchair users to move up and down the stairs which is not possible on the normal wheelchairs.
The Technology is not very expensive and can be used by the people with physical disabilities without much strain.
The team has also created an electric hand-cycle that can be attached to manual wheelchairs and convert them into electric ones.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News