Engineers in Iran develop tech for stair climbing wheelchairs
A group of engineers from Iran have created a technology that can be used to make electronic stair climbing wheelchairs and electric hand-cycles.
The wheelchairs are fitted with a rechargeable battery and seat belt. The wheelchairs can carry a maximum weight of 100 kg.
The design has been made to climb up stars that are a maximum height of 22 cm and the speed of climb is 15 stairs per minute.
The stair climbing wheelchair can make it extremely easy for wheelchair users to move up and down the stairs which is not possible on the normal wheelchairs.
The Technology is not very expensive and can be used by the people with physical disabilities without much strain.
The team has also created an electric hand-cycle that can be attached to manual wheelchairs and convert them into electric ones.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News