Engineers in Iran develop tech for stair climbing wheelchairs
January 4, 2018
A group of engineers from Iran have created a technology that can be used to make electronic stair climbing wheelchairs and electric hand-cycles.
The wheelchairs are fitted with a rechargeable battery and seat belt. The wheelchairs can carry a maximum weight of 100 kg.
The design has been made to climb up stars that are a maximum height of 22 cm and the speed of climb is 15 stairs per minute.
The stair climbing wheelchair can make it extremely easy for wheelchair users to move up and down the stairs which is not possible on the normal wheelchairs.
The Technology is not very expensive and can be used by the people with physical disabilities without much strain.
The team has also created an electric hand-cycle that can be attached to manual wheelchairs and convert them into electric ones.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News