Engineers in Iran develop tech for stair climbing wheelchairs
A group of engineers from Iran have created a technology that can be used to make electronic stair climbing wheelchairs and electric hand-cycles.
The wheelchairs are fitted with a rechargeable battery and seat belt. The wheelchairs can carry a maximum weight of 100 kg.
The design has been made to climb up stars that are a maximum height of 22 cm and the speed of climb is 15 stairs per minute.
The stair climbing wheelchair can make it extremely easy for wheelchair users to move up and down the stairs which is not possible on the normal wheelchairs.
The Technology is not very expensive and can be used by the people with physical disabilities without much strain.
The team has also created an electric hand-cycle that can be attached to manual wheelchairs and convert them into electric ones.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News