Symptoms of hearing loss
January 6, 2018
Loss of hearing can occur at any time in life although it is more prominent in older age. If you are concerned about your hearing, here are 7 symptoms you can look out for.
- If you have to turn up the volume of TV sets or radio. You may not realize that you are using a higher volume setting and someone else may point it out.
- While in a group, you miss out on conversation and ate not able to take part actively. This could be due to loss of hearing.
- If the voices are not clear and you hear them as if with covered ears.
- Missing phone calls or not able to hear the doorbell ringing at times.
- Trying to move your neck towards the direction of the sound to hear better could indicate that hearing power is degrading.
In case you have any doubts about your hearing, get it checked.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Headlines May 26, 2019 Rahul Gandhi's resignation offer rejected
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Get-hooked May 26, 2019 #BeingMom - Pratibha Bhatnagar shows us why mothers are such champions
- Get-hooked May 26, 2019 Understanding Phantom Limb Pain
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Vivek Oberoi deletes offensive tweet about Aishwarya, apologises
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News