Twitter offers picture description option for the visually impaired
January 6, 2018
Twitter is an online news and social networking service that is widely used by people to share their news, views and pictures.
The site offers a unique feature that lets the users add a description to pictures which makes them accessible for the people with visual impairments.
The accessibility feature is easy to use
The feature is easy to use and is present under the accessibility menu. It is called Compose image descriptions, which allows you to describe images for the visually impaired.
There is also a Twitter support article available that explains in detail how the image descriptions help and how they can be used in the best way.
Once a picture is uploaded on a Twitter account through iOS or Android, an option is offered to add a short description to the pictures.
A blind user who has a voiceover turned on will be able to hear the description read out along with the tweet.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News