Twitter offers picture description option for the visually impaired
January 6, 2018
Twitter is an online news and social networking service that is widely used by people to share their news, views and pictures.
The site offers a unique feature that lets the users add a description to pictures which makes them accessible for the people with visual impairments.
The accessibility feature is easy to use
The feature is easy to use and is present under the accessibility menu. It is called Compose image descriptions, which allows you to describe images for the visually impaired.
There is also a Twitter support article available that explains in detail how the image descriptions help and how they can be used in the best way.
Once a picture is uploaded on a Twitter account through iOS or Android, an option is offered to add a short description to the pictures.
A blind user who has a voiceover turned on will be able to hear the description read out along with the tweet.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Understanding Autism and Head banging
- Events August 14, 2019 Special Buddies Program
- Headlines August 11, 2019 Ayushmann Khurrana, Vicky Kaushal share best actor award
- Headlines August 12, 2019 Priyanka responds to criticism over tweet
- Get-Hooked August 11, 2019 Understanding High-functioning autism
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kuldeep Devendra Rawal wants to be a change maker using the power of music
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News