Twitter offers picture description option for the visually impaired
Twitter is an online news and social networking service that is widely used by people to share their news, views and pictures.
The site offers a unique feature that lets the users add a description to pictures which makes them accessible for the people with visual impairments.
The accessibility feature is easy to use
The feature is easy to use and is present under the accessibility menu. It is called Compose image descriptions, which allows you to describe images for the visually impaired.
There is also a Twitter support article available that explains in detail how the image descriptions help and how they can be used in the best way.
Once a picture is uploaded on a Twitter account through iOS or Android, an option is offered to add a short description to the pictures.
A blind user who has a voiceover turned on will be able to hear the description read out along with the tweet.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News