Twitter offers picture description option for the visually impaired
Twitter is an online news and social networking service that is widely used by people to share their news, views and pictures.
The site offers a unique feature that lets the users add a description to pictures which makes them accessible for the people with visual impairments.
The accessibility feature is easy to use
The feature is easy to use and is present under the accessibility menu. It is called Compose image descriptions, which allows you to describe images for the visually impaired.
There is also a Twitter support article available that explains in detail how the image descriptions help and how they can be used in the best way.
Once a picture is uploaded on a Twitter account through iOS or Android, an option is offered to add a short description to the pictures.
A blind user who has a voiceover turned on will be able to hear the description read out along with the tweet.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Sarbojonin in name only, not in practice - Guest column by Arita Acharjee & Annesha Dasgupta
- Accessibility October 21, 2018 Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked October 14, 2018 Visually impaired girls perfomed garba on song written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Accessibility October 15, 2018 Lucknow zoo becomes blind-friendly, an India first
- Accessibility October 16, 2018 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility October 15, 2018
Accessibility October 21, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News