Bionic arm gives the feeling of touch
January 7, 2018
A woman was able to feel her arm after losing it 25 years ago in an accident.
This has been made possible by the scientists who have created a portable bionic hand.
The hand has been created with a technology that can imitate the sense of touch and the person gets the sensation of actually touching something.
The prosthetic hand has sensors that can detect whether an object is soft or hard.
The computer-processed information is relayed to the brain with the help of electrodes that are implanted in the upper arm.
The electrodes convert the sensor information into signals that can be understood by the brain.
When the bionic arm touches or holds something the brain gets the relevant signals and produces the sensation of touch.
The recipient of the arm Almerina Mascarello has said that she felt like it was her real arm and not a prosthetic.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Archana Palahalli believes in facing odds with a smile
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News