Bionic arm gives the feeling of touch
A woman was able to feel her arm after losing it 25 years ago in an accident.
This has been made possible by the scientists who have created a portable bionic hand.
The hand has been created with a technology that can imitate the sense of touch and the person gets the sensation of actually touching something.
The prosthetic hand has sensors that can detect whether an object is soft or hard.
The computer-processed information is relayed to the brain with the help of electrodes that are implanted in the upper arm.
The electrodes convert the sensor information into signals that can be understood by the brain.
When the bionic arm touches or holds something the brain gets the relevant signals and produces the sensation of touch.
The recipient of the arm Almerina Mascarello has said that she felt like it was her real arm and not a prosthetic.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Headlines December 17, 2018 P V Sindhu makes history, becomes 1st Indian to win BWF World Tour title
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018