What is Assistive Technology?
Assistive Technology is a term used for several different types of tools, devices, gadgets that are used for assistance and rehabilitation of people with disabilities.
These could be a simple device like handle bar in a toilet or something complex like a bionic arm.
The aim of Assistive Technology is to make the lives of disabled people less challenging and to assist them in their day to day life.
Some commonly used tools are
• Hearing aids for people with hearing impairments • Vehicle modifications, such as hand controls or wheelchair lifts • Devices that help with bathing and eating • Software for people with hearing and visual impairments • Equipment, such as grab bars, handles in a shower, to help prevent falls • Eye glasses and magnification devices to help individuals with low vision • Communication devices for people with speech impairments • Wheelchairs, walkers, tricycles
Choosing the right type of tools and devices can help make life better for people with disabilities and their families.
Innovations in of Assistive Technology makes inclusion possible while breaking barriers in the world.
With the aid of technology, disabled people can move around and be more independent.
They are able to travel and get employed and become financially secure.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Get-hooked December 5, 2018 Fun, meaningful ways that World Disability Day was celebrated across India
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Section 144 extended in Sabarimala till 8 December
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 Activities that can be fun & stimulating for kids with dyspraxia
- Headlines December 4, 2018 India’s first engineless ‘Train 18’ completes successful trial run
- Get-hooked December 4, 2018 Disability Heroes - Virali Modi is open & proud about her disability
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Headlines December 6, 2018 India vs Australia announce teams for Adelaide Test
- Headlines December 4, 2018 Congress backs Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh over Sidhu
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News