What is Assistive Technology?
Assistive Technology is a term used for several different types of tools, devices, gadgets that are used for assistance and rehabilitation of people with disabilities.
These could be a simple device like handle bar in a toilet or something complex like a bionic arm.
The aim of Assistive Technology is to make the lives of disabled people less challenging and to assist them in their day to day life.
Some commonly used tools are
• Hearing aids for people with hearing impairments • Vehicle modifications, such as hand controls or wheelchair lifts • Devices that help with bathing and eating • Software for people with hearing and visual impairments • Equipment, such as grab bars, handles in a shower, to help prevent falls • Eye glasses and magnification devices to help individuals with low vision • Communication devices for people with speech impairments • Wheelchairs, walkers, tricycles
Choosing the right type of tools and devices can help make life better for people with disabilities and their families.
Innovations in of Assistive Technology makes inclusion possible while breaking barriers in the world.
With the aid of technology, disabled people can move around and be more independent.
They are able to travel and get employed and become financially secure.
Watch in Sign Language
- Updated version of Avaz app has plenty to offer, enables access to wider audience
February 21, 2019
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019