Self taught blind pianist being hailed as the new Stevie Wonder
Matthew Whitaker was born without sight, but was drawn from a very young age to the keyboard. He taught himself to play from the age of just three.
Released first album when he was 15 years old
Today he is 16 years old and has an incredible talent for the piano. In fact he is so remarkable that he is being called the new Stevie Wonder.
As a nine-year-old he won a event and when he was 15, his debut album Outta the Box was released to critical acclaim.
While he is usually seen on the piano and organ, his skills on the drum are very impressive too. He has even had a chance to open for Stevie Wonder.
Matthew was born premature, and weighed just one pound and eleven ounces. Doctors said that he had less than a 50% chance of staying alive. His father say that he always had a positive attitude, even as a child.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Small touches that make love stronger when you date a deaf person
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Samsung to launch smartphone with four rear cameras in India this month
- Parasports November 20, 2018 Jharkhand girls stand tall despite loss in first inter-state women’s blind cricket tournament
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 Delhi government move to set up ministry for disabled people meets with cautious response
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Kerala shutdowns as Sabarimala open for ‘Mandala Kalam’
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Image of 'Statue of Unity' from space released by American company
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 MCI moves towards public consultation on on amendments to disability rules for MBBS students
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018