Self taught blind pianist being hailed as the new Stevie Wonder
Matthew Whitaker was born without sight, but was drawn from a very young age to the keyboard. He taught himself to play from the age of just three.
Released first album when he was 15 years old
Today he is 16 years old and has an incredible talent for the piano. In fact he is so remarkable that he is being called the new Stevie Wonder.
As a nine-year-old he won a event and when he was 15, his debut album Outta the Box was released to critical acclaim.
While he is usually seen on the piano and organ, his skills on the drum are very impressive too. He has even had a chance to open for Stevie Wonder.
Matthew was born premature, and weighed just one pound and eleven ounces. Doctors said that he had less than a 50% chance of staying alive. His father say that he always had a positive attitude, even as a child.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019