Bollywood movies based on disabilities
There are several Bollywood movies that have been made on disabilities. The movies have not only increased awareness about disabilities, but have also helped create inclusion to some level.
Now Director R Balki is planning a movie with Kangana Ranaut and Amitabh Bachchan. As per reports, Kangana will portray the role of an amputee in the movie. Big B Amitabh will be seen in the role of her mentor that helps her get the will to live with a disability.
Another upcoming movie 'Zero' starring Shah Rukh Khan will focus on dwarfism and the challenges faced by the people with it.
Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam starrer ‘Kaabil’ was much liked by critics and audience for its subtle portrayal of people with visual impairments. The movie highlighted the fact that blind people are capable of living their lives independently and are not dependent.
Actress Kalki Koechlin was seen as a teenager with cerebral palsy in ‘Margarita With a Straw’. The film portrayed the life of a girl with CP and the challenges she faces.
Priyanka Chopra played the role of an autistic girl ‘Jhilmil’ in the film by Anurag Basu called ‘Barfi’. The role was not minor and had a huge impact on the audience.
These movies and many others have broken the stereo type and shown disabled character as people that are inspired from real life and not completely imaginary. This has helped change the view of society towards disability.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some driving tips for people with disabilities
November 19, 2018
- Some tips to boost self-esteem for people with disabilities
November 19, 2018
- 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
November 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee dies at 95
- Accessibility November 13, 2018 This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Union Minister Ananth Kumar passes away at age of 59
- Parasports November 19, 2018 Coach Jaspal Dhani on a mission to put India on the global map of wheelchair basketball
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Image of 'Statue of Unity' from space released by American company
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Unni Maxx talks about his vacation at the paradise of South Africa
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Sexual assaults on disabled women to come under focus in Delhi convention
- Accessibility November 19, 2018 #MeToo moment eludes India's disabled women, Tamil Nadu study reveals extent of invisibility
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News