Despite vision loss, he has taught history to hundreds in this remote Bhopal town
For many years now, 37-year-old Manoj Parmar, who is a history teacher in the town of Chirapatla in remote Bhopal, has been teaching hundreds of students, many of whom are in the Madhya Pradesh civil services.
His lack of sight has not been a barrier to his teaching. His students sit in complete attention as he speaks in a soft and clear voice.
His teaching style may be different but as far as his students are concerned, he is the best man for the job. He guides students in various activities as he possesses immense knowledge. Parmar is also active on social media and is known as master of computers among his colleagues and students.
Parmar lost his vision when he was 19. By then, he had lost his father as well. Beating all odds, he passed the Class 12 exams without a writer. His invigilators would read out the question paper to him and he would answer with totally blurred vision.
He even cracked the IAS prelims and wanted to take coaching for the mains but was denied admission. He decided to take up teaching and even became a national-level chess player. He has won many national and state-level competitions.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019