50% increase in disabled runners in Tata Mumbai Marathon this year
January 14, 2018
The Tata Mumbai Marathon is to be held on 21 January and this year the number of runners with disabilities is 54% more as compared to last year.
This year the number of runners with disabilities who have registered for the event is 1,220.
These include participants with hearing and speech impairments who will take part in the champions with disabilities run category.
Runners with visual impairments will run in a separate category called the Ream Run.
The Tata Mumbai Marathon will have over 44 Thousand runners from 30 countries taking part. There are six different categories in the marathon for the runners.
The marathon aims to promote the message of health and fitness.
With the participation of runners with disabilities, the run will also promote inclusion.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News