50% increase in disabled runners in Tata Mumbai Marathon this year
January 14, 2018
The Tata Mumbai Marathon is to be held on 21 January and this year the number of runners with disabilities is 54% more as compared to last year.
This year the number of runners with disabilities who have registered for the event is 1,220.
These include participants with hearing and speech impairments who will take part in the champions with disabilities run category.
Runners with visual impairments will run in a separate category called the Ream Run.
The Tata Mumbai Marathon will have over 44 Thousand runners from 30 countries taking part. There are six different categories in the marathon for the runners.
The marathon aims to promote the message of health and fitness.
With the participation of runners with disabilities, the run will also promote inclusion.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News