50% increase in disabled runners in Tata Mumbai Marathon this year
The Tata Mumbai Marathon is to be held on 21 January and this year the number of runners with disabilities is 54% more as compared to last year.
This year the number of runners with disabilities who have registered for the event is 1,220.
These include participants with hearing and speech impairments who will take part in the champions with disabilities run category.
Runners with visual impairments will run in a separate category called the Ream Run.
The Tata Mumbai Marathon will have over 44 Thousand runners from 30 countries taking part. There are six different categories in the marathon for the runners.
The marathon aims to promote the message of health and fitness.
With the participation of runners with disabilities, the run will also promote inclusion.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Events February 10, 2019 Cerebral Palsy at Bhopal and Varanasi 2019
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News