50% increase in disabled runners in Tata Mumbai Marathon this year
The Tata Mumbai Marathon is to be held on 21 January and this year the number of runners with disabilities is 54% more as compared to last year.
This year the number of runners with disabilities who have registered for the event is 1,220.
These include participants with hearing and speech impairments who will take part in the champions with disabilities run category.
Runners with visual impairments will run in a separate category called the Ream Run.
The Tata Mumbai Marathon will have over 44 Thousand runners from 30 countries taking part. There are six different categories in the marathon for the runners.
The marathon aims to promote the message of health and fitness.
With the participation of runners with disabilities, the run will also promote inclusion.
Watch in Sign Language
- Want to stay active? Check out these sports for disabled people
November 11, 2018
- First ever Blind Volley Ball Tournament to be held in Karnataka
November 9, 2018
- India's wheelchair basketball players get tips from the best in the game at Chennai camp
November 7, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment November 11, 2018 Career choices for people with autism
- Headlines November 7, 2018 Patanjali launches first clothing store
- Headlines November 9, 2018 'Thugs of Hindostan' movie review
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Facebook launches TikTok like app called 'Lasso'
- Parasports November 11, 2018 Want to stay active? Check out these sports for disabled people
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 Prafull Oorja on a mission to bring yoga to lives of disabled children
- Headlines November 8, 2018 PM Modi spends Diwali at Kedarnath, meets soldiers on India-China border
- Employment November 9, 2018 Career options for people with learning disabilities
- Get-hooked November 6, 2018 Tributes pour in for deaf daredevil Kitty O'Neil, famous as world's fastest woman
- Technology November 13, 2018 Engineering student develops app called Myability that speaks out typed text
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 11, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News