World champs once again! Indian blind cricket team lifts 2018 Cup
January 13, 2018
The Indian blind cricket team has done it again. India defeated Pakistan by seven wickets at the Blind Cricket World Cup in Dubai.
This is their third world title. India have been world champions since 2012.
The Pakistani team had made 282 runs for 8 wickets in the set 40 overs. India reached the target in just 34.5 overs making for a glorious win again.
Deepak Malik made the highest run for the team at 79 runs from 71 balls and Venkateshwara Rao scored 64 runs in 55-balls
The Indian blind cricket team is the only blind team in the world to win the T-20, ODI and Asian championships. No other team in the world has won all three.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News