World champs once again! Indian blind cricket team lifts 2018 Cup
The Indian blind cricket team has done it again. India defeated Pakistan by seven wickets at the Blind Cricket World Cup in Dubai.
This is their third world title. India have been world champions since 2012.
The Pakistani team had made 282 runs for 8 wickets in the set 40 overs. India reached the target in just 34.5 overs making for a glorious win again.
Deepak Malik made the highest run for the team at 79 runs from 71 balls and Venkateshwara Rao scored 64 runs in 55-balls
The Indian blind cricket team is the only blind team in the world to win the T-20, ODI and Asian championships. No other team in the world has won all three.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Events December 13, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports December 13, 2018
Parasports December 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018