World champs once again! Indian blind cricket team lifts 2018 Cup
January 13, 2018
The Indian blind cricket team has done it again. India defeated Pakistan by seven wickets at the Blind Cricket World Cup in Dubai.
This is their third world title. India have been world champions since 2012.
The Pakistani team had made 282 runs for 8 wickets in the set 40 overs. India reached the target in just 34.5 overs making for a glorious win again.
Deepak Malik made the highest run for the team at 79 runs from 71 balls and Venkateshwara Rao scored 64 runs in 55-balls
The Indian blind cricket team is the only blind team in the world to win the T-20, ODI and Asian championships. No other team in the world has won all three.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Accessibility June 27, 2019 Dehradun pool forced to grant equal access to disabled adults after official intervention
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News