How to make office meeting inclusive for deaf employee
Office meetings are important as many crucial decisions and news is shared in them.
However, for employees with hearing impairment, it may become a challenge to be a part of a meeting and the conversation.
Here are few tips to make the meeting inclusive for a deaf co-worker.
Do not indulge in unnecessary joking during the meeting. The deaf person sitting in the meeting will not be able to follow the jokes and get confused. This will also make them feel left out.
The staff should be aware of the challenges faced by deaf people. If possible there should be provision for training sessions that can help others understand what a deaf worker goes through.
- The meeting room can be made more suitable for the deaf workers by making changes to the layout and acoustics. Reducing the external noises can help the hearing impaired people understand the conversation better.
Watch in Sign Language
- Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
December 15, 2018
- Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
December 12, 2018
- Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
December 11, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News