How to make office meeting inclusive for deaf employee
January 14, 2018
Office meetings are important as many crucial decisions and news is shared in them.
However, for employees with hearing impairment, it may become a challenge to be a part of a meeting and the conversation.
Here are few tips to make the meeting inclusive for a deaf co-worker.
Do not indulge in unnecessary joking during the meeting. The deaf person sitting in the meeting will not be able to follow the jokes and get confused. This will also make them feel left out.
The staff should be aware of the challenges faced by deaf people. If possible there should be provision for training sessions that can help others understand what a deaf worker goes through.
- The meeting room can be made more suitable for the deaf workers by making changes to the layout and acoustics. Reducing the external noises can help the hearing impaired people understand the conversation better.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Headlines April 12, 2019 Court fines Bengal government for film ban
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News