How to make office meeting inclusive for deaf employee
January 14, 2018
Office meetings are important as many crucial decisions and news is shared in them.
However, for employees with hearing impairment, it may become a challenge to be a part of a meeting and the conversation.
Here are few tips to make the meeting inclusive for a deaf co-worker.
Do not indulge in unnecessary joking during the meeting. The deaf person sitting in the meeting will not be able to follow the jokes and get confused. This will also make them feel left out.
The staff should be aware of the challenges faced by deaf people. If possible there should be provision for training sessions that can help others understand what a deaf worker goes through.
- The meeting room can be made more suitable for the deaf workers by making changes to the layout and acoustics. Reducing the external noises can help the hearing impaired people understand the conversation better.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Indian father pleads guilty in death of adoptive child with disability
- Employment June 27, 2019 Diya Innovations opens doors of opportunities for adults with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Accessibility June 27, 2019 Dehradun pool forced to grant equal access to disabled adults after official intervention
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News