How to make office meeting inclusive for deaf employee
Office meetings are important as many crucial decisions and news is shared in them.
However, for employees with hearing impairment, it may become a challenge to be a part of a meeting and the conversation.
Here are few tips to make the meeting inclusive for a deaf co-worker.
Do not indulge in unnecessary joking during the meeting. The deaf person sitting in the meeting will not be able to follow the jokes and get confused. This will also make them feel left out.
The staff should be aware of the challenges faced by deaf people. If possible there should be provision for training sessions that can help others understand what a deaf worker goes through.
- The meeting room can be made more suitable for the deaf workers by making changes to the layout and acoustics. Reducing the external noises can help the hearing impaired people understand the conversation better.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Events February 21, 2019 Course in Learning Disabilities from Samadhan Goyam
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 Know more about the Race For 7 to mark International Rare Disease Day
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Accessibility February 20, 2019
Events February 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News