Mangalore's largest green space, Kadri Park, to become disabled friendly
January 14, 2018
Kadri Park is famous in Mangalore as the city's largest green space. Now it is soon to get another distinction as it will be made into a disabled friendly park.
A corner that is only for the disabled will come up at a cost of Rs 40 lakh. It will designed such that is is easily accessible to the blind, deaf and people using wheelchairs. The focus is on children as well as adults, with disabilities.
So far, Kadri Park had no dedicated space for the disabled. Many other facilities like a musical fountain and a deer park will also be put in place.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News