Mangalore's largest green space, Kadri Park, to become disabled friendly
January 14, 2018
Kadri Park is famous in Mangalore as the city's largest green space. Now it is soon to get another distinction as it will be made into a disabled friendly park.
A corner that is only for the disabled will come up at a cost of Rs 40 lakh. It will designed such that is is easily accessible to the blind, deaf and people using wheelchairs. The focus is on children as well as adults, with disabilities.
So far, Kadri Park had no dedicated space for the disabled. Many other facilities like a musical fountain and a deer park will also be put in place.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News