United Nations releases Sustainable Development Goals in Braille
As part of its vision of leaving no one behind, the United Nations organisation has unveiled the Braille Version of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals - SDGs.
The UN has the set the target for including every one in its future projects and the Agenda 2030.
The Sustainable Development Goals in Braille has been made possible by the United Nations Information Centre Nigeria.
The braille version was released at the closing ceremony of the One-Week Braille Celebration in Abeokuta, Ogun State on 11 January.
The initiative was taken to ensure that every one is able to understand the development work proposed by the United Nations, even those with visual impairments.
The United Nations representatives said that inclusiveness is a target set by the UN to make the world barrier free for people irrespective of their physical limitations.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 21, 2019 Course in Learning Disabilities from Samadhan Goyam
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019